Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Auto Up Windows

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
I was talking with someone who has a non-ST Explorer and he mentioned how his windows all go up automatically when he double presses the lock button on the key. My ST doesn’t do this! I’m jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Our '21 will roll down the front two windows if you double tap the unlock button and hold it on the second tap. Maybe try double tap and hold the lock button down on the second tap to see if they roll up. If not maybe it can be enabled with forescan if someones else wants to chime in.

hbalek

Reactions
This was a feature on my 2013 Lincoln MKZ. i could hold down unlock to pop the sunroof and lower all 4 windows with the one touch. Then I could hold down the lock to close all 4 windows and close the sunroof and sunshade! I had the panoramic (HUGE) one piece class roof.

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
I was checking out the ForScan spreadsheet. What is the Remote Global Window Open/Close?

Last edited:
OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
I don't think my vehicle is equipt for this. The rear windows don't even have the auto down or up function like the front windows have.

Boyd

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I don't think my vehicle is equipt for this. The rear windows don't even have the auto down or up function like the front windows have.
I dont think any Ex's have auto up or down on the rear windows.

In your Advanced Settings, there may already be an Open Window check box. If updating ForScan, when doing the IPC change, it will add a Close Window checkbox.

Global is available in ForScan, but it requires several changes. PDM, DDM, BCM, IPC. All available in Livinitup's spreadsheet. Front windows is available for all trim levels, rear windows may or may not work due to child safety liabilities. Dont want to unknowingly crush the kids hands or give them access to the asphalt slide...

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
I’ve done a lot of research into this and can’t find anything. I can’t find this option on any Explorer. Next time I see him I am going to find out what MY and trim level he has. I’m thinking this is an option added by an aftermarket alarm system. I don’t think it’s anything that comes as a factory option or can be programmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk