Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear 12V Power Point?

tontda

Reactions
Does anyone now if the ST models come with a 12VAC+ main power terminal somewhere in the rear/cargo area similar to how the Police Interceptor Utility models have that allows upfitters quick and easy access to 12VAC+ to power up two-way radio packs, warning light systems, etc.... if so, where can I find it in the ST model? Or does the ST model have an alternative 12VAC+ line that can be tapped off somewhere in the rear cargo area that has sufficient amp capacity to support two-way radios, lights, etc.?

OP
T

tontda

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
OP
T

tontda

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Hi, the link posted just takes me to the commercial and upfitters side of Ford which also includes the PIU series. But I'm looking for information if anyone knows if the civilian ST series of the Explorer has a rear 12V power point to hook up high amperage equipment instead of having to run a primary 12VAC+ power line from the engine area to the rear cargo area.

Reactions
Hi, the link posted just takes me to the commercial and upfitters side of Ford which also includes the PIU series. But I'm looking for information if anyone knows if the civilian ST series of the Explorer has a rear 12V power point to hook up high amperage equipment instead of having to run a primary 12VAC+ power line from the engine area to the rear cargo area.
Right, use the PIU guides as reference, I am sure the power distribution is similar. The only difference is the wire harness that is optional in the PIU as far as electrical is concerned, and the larger alternator.

Reactions
Where does a car generate a 12 Volt Alternating Current "AC" power line?

This fuse chart shows the following power points and inverter. I know on my ST there's a 110AC plug in back of the middle console for the rear seats.

https://fuse-box.info/ford/ford-explorer-u625-2020-fuses-and-relays

33 20A Rear cargo area power point
36 40A Power inverter

I am sure a YouTube search could find a walkthru for the various trim levels and actual power locations.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk