Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Real world mpg

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Running 33psi. For sure, that's what I was thinking too.
I’m running 38. I’ve ran every single car at 37/38(currently) and never had any issues. Ride is still smooth and it’s helpful with gas mileage. Not sure if that’s the whole difference right there but certainly a component.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I’m running 38. I’ve ran every single car at 37/38(currently) and never had any issues. Ride is still smooth and it’s helpful with gas mileage. Not sure if that’s the whole difference right there but certainly a component.
That could be it in it's entirety. Thanks.

Reactions
What kind of fuel? 87 octane? 91? 93?

I consistently run 93. I don't think it makes much of a difference, but a few 0.xx might be because of that. Meh...pay me now, pay me later. LOL

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
What kind of fuel? 87 octane? 91? 93?

I consistently run 93. I don't think it makes much of a difference, but a few 0.xx might be because of that. Meh...pay me now, pay me later. LOL

JRJST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 FORD ST
My stock ST does almost entirely city driving and I checked this weekend and it gets 16.6 MPG on 87.

-Jim

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I did a 215 mile around trip this weekend and only used 8 gallon of 93.

That's is 26.8 mpg.

St.Augy ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I was getting 18.4 driving in sport mode a lot but ever since the rear axle bolt recall was done it has dropped to 17.9 with the same driving habits very strange.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I’ve been getting about 13-16mpg (dash readout) in normal mode. Is this about right?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I’ve been getting about 13-16mpg (dash readout) in normal mode. Is this about right?
Not unless you mat the loud pedal all the time. My average is a bit over 20, summoning the warp drive only as needed. I have an easy commute though, few stops and average 50-55.

Reactions
My average is 22.6 mpg. Last reset it about 3k miles ago

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
My average is 22.6 mpg. Last reset it about 3k miles ago

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
Unless you've adjusted the "AFE" setting, you can deduct about 10% from that.

Drewwhid1

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I don’t see how some of you are averaging over 19 mpg with some “spirited” driving mixed in. I hardly ever get on it with the right foot. I do occasionally but mostly just smooth driving and I average only 16.5 on 93 octane. Either you guys drive like a granny or I have a gas guzzling ST from the factory. Or maybe my smooth driving is heavier on the peddle than I think.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I don't have any issues getting over 21, running exclusively in Sport Mode. It isn't babied. My Boost (3.5L) in my F150 Platinum will only deliver 18.5 running under the same conditions, same driver.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Our ST is now averaging 20.5 with mixed city highway. A little better if more highway driving. We now have 20k mile on our '22.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
Driving around town I average 20 to 21 mpg. On the highway about 25 mpg. I run 91 octane non-ethanol gas.

Drewwhid1

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Man. I just don’t see how. Maybe mine is too new yet. I only have 1300 miles on mine.

Drewwhid1

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Maybe I need to drive it in sport mode more.

Reactions
I don’t see how some of you are averaging over 19 mpg with some “spirited” driving mixed in. I hardly ever get on it with the right foot. I do occasionally but mostly just smooth driving and I average only 16.5 on 93 octane. Either you guys drive like a granny or I have a gas guzzling ST from the factory. Or maybe my smooth driving is heavier on the peddle than I think.
All kinds of things effect fuel economy. Do you carry a lot of extra weight? Stop and go versus uncongested freeway, cruising speed (80 mph versus 70 mph), unnecessary braking (tailgating), coasting to an upcoming stop versus heavy braking, tire type, size, and weight, fuel quality (contains ethanol or not), driving surface (gravel, concrete, asphalt), etc. Any of these conditions could make a significant difference in your vehicles fuel consumption. Speed could make a difference in excess of 10%.

Drewwhid1

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
All kinds of things effect fuel economy. Do you carry a lot of extra weight? Stop and go versus uncongested freeway, cruising speed (80 mph versus 70 mph), unnecessary braking (tailgating), coasting to an upcoming stop versus heavy braking, tire type, size, and weight, fuel quality (contains ethanol or not), driving surface (gravel, concrete, asphalt), etc. Any of these conditions could make a significant difference in your vehicles fuel consumption. Speed could make a difference in excess of 10%.

Drewwhid1

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Sorry about that. I hit reply too soon…I drive alone mostly. I’m about half highway. Half city. I use 93 octane with ethanol. I don’t carry any added weight in the car. I drive about 75 to 80 on the highway. In the city I’m always speed limit to maybe 5mph over. I try to take off smoothly and not get on it most of the time. But occasionally I will get into it. I live in Florida. So it’s flat terrain here. Been in the 70s mostly during the days. The hand calculator is pretty close to what the car says. But, it is what it is. Love the car. Fun to drive.