Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Radio problems and dealer cant get parts? Great having an extended warranty that I cant use!!

rrizzo123

Reactions
Radio APIM needs to be replaced but dealer cant get part and does not know when. The radio has black screen when I start car and I have to do a manual reboot (power and FF buttoms held for 10 seconds) all the time. I have had the radio in for recalls before but now cant get parts in late 2023??
Great having extended warranty that I cant use. Anyone else haveing similar problems and solution. Also had a frozen caliper. Covered but cant get part. What is going on?

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I know how you feel, the second row heated seats failed on my 21 and it took nine months to get the part. Then a month later the fuel pump went and my ST was down for 4 weeks waiting for a new pump.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
What SYNC version are you on?

OP
R

rrizzo123

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
The version is 5 numbers. 23188 is the newest that solved a lot of these issues you are having.
Ok just took pics and it’s say software version 3.4 and build is 22251. Is that what you mean?

OP
R

rrizzo123

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
How can I get this new version and can I do it myself?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
That version has some bad juju associated with it. Lots of reported problems. You may or may not be able to cure it yourself. If you're having problems with the screen to begin with your successful result may be questionable. There are several threads discussing issues with this version do a search. You'll have plenty to read.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
OP
R

rrizzo123

Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Great doing it now. Let you know soon. Thanks so very much!!

OP
R

rrizzo123

Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Updated software! Thanks for your help! I will see over the next few days if that fixed my problems. Great Forum!

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Nice save Dale. Kind of funny how last couple of months the cases of reported "failed APIM" (according to the dealer) in the forum have gone way up. I suspect all of them are just faulty Sync versions.

Btw rrizzo123, even with the 23188 installed, I would still recommend a master reset and then redoing all your settings.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Nice save Dale. Kind of funny how last couple of months the cases of reported "failed APIM" (according to the dealer) in the forum have gone way up. I suspect all of them are just faulty Sync versions.

Btw rrizzo123, even with the 23188 installed, I would still recommend a master reset and then redoing all your settings.
It's become second nature when I see these issues. I was skeptical at first but after seeing so many fixes by updating to 23188 is why I ask. I think Ford needs to put me on the payroll. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I wonder how many APIMs have been replaced by dealers when all that was needed was a software update.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Most dealers now just throw parts at it, hoping that will fix whatever issue there is. They don't have the skills to properly diagnose anymore or the time to do it.

hbalek

Reactions
Class action lawsuit