Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

R2D2's 2022 ST - KISS Build

OP
R2D2
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #61
Ok, came back out after lunch and it was avail. Did you actually try it to see if it works?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Full system shutdown by
1. Switching off by pressing start/stop button.
2. Open driver door. (Center screen switches off)
3. Close driver door.
4. Switch On by pressing start/stop again.

Yes it works perfectly, after multiple drives. Everything is turned off when I toggle the silent mode. And everything comes back when I toggle it back.

Sorry, but I could not figure out what's happening with yours.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST 401A Pkg White Met Tri-Coat
Its working. (Mentioned above ).
Guess the truck wanted a break. Toggle showed when i returned from lunch.

You do any work on your front signal lights? Trying to find color codes and location of the harness under the hood by chance?

Reactions
Vehicle
Just went out to test it in dark. Figure easier to see. Toggled on, then off. See no difference.
Did I miss something?

OP
R2D2
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #64
Just went out to test it in dark. Figure easier to see. Toggled on, then off. See no difference.
Did I miss something?
If the silent mode is toggled 'On' from the center screen, on exiting/ locking the car, none of the external lights will be on. That's how it is still working on my ST.

If it's not, then try loading the factory settings once more and enable the feature one more time.

OP
R2D2
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #65
FORScan Change: Disable Chimes Seat Belt Minder

Module : IPC - Instrument Panel Control Module
Method: Easy click select

Disclaimer: All the people travelling in my car and myself, always travel with the belts on. Its just that I don't like the annoying chimes to remind me to put the belts.
In fact I like the rear seat belt status coming on driver screen. Rule in our cars is that, kids can not remove the seatbelts until the car is switched off.

1683777981852.png

Reactions
Vehicle
If the silent mode is toggled 'On' from the center screen, on exiting/ locking the car, none of the external lights will be on. That's how it is still working on my ST.

If it's not, then try loading the factory settings once more and enable the feature one more time.
Thanks for your help. I will check again. I was under the impression interior panel lights and such would go dark as well. So no puddle lights either, headlight delay etc?
Sorry for being a pest.

OP
R2D2
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #67
So no puddle lights either, headlight delay etc?
Yes. Use case for people going for hunting, star gazing, watching drive-in movies, etc. Where you doing want all the vehicle lights lighting up the surroundings.

IMG_20230511_074728.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
Center cluster never went off. Hmmmm will test tonight again. Thanks

OP
R2D2
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #69
Forscan changes (most of them) are done with trial and errors method. Some are pretty straight forward and at the same time some are not. Some even come with side effects (might loose another function because of a change made).

I was not able to get the Auto Start Stop and Amber DRL to work in mine like many others was able to.
Lack of proper documentation for newer explorer models is also a limiting factor. (I know about the Excel sheet for explorer from other forums, but many values are outdated.)

That is the very reason why I keep a log here about the changes I have done and if it's working on my ST or not. Will be of help to someone with an explorer of same generation.

It's definitely a great tool to play around, provided you do the backup and restore process correctly.

OP
R2D2
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #70
FORScan Change: Disable three start-up chimes ("doo-doo-doo")

Module : IPC - Instrument Panel Control Module
Method: As-Built Data change in IPC Module (720-01-02 xxxx x2xx)

1684173700191.png
Green Box - New Values Red Box - Old Values

Status: Done Successfully. No more 'doo-doo-doo' on startup
Side effect : All the changes you have made to cluster so far, will be reset to factory (Eg: Need to add the Tachometer, Trip 2 screen, etc. one more time, after FORScan change)

Last edited:

Max Salvo

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thanks a million for this. As soon as I get some time I will use your instructions and make the changes. I wasnt expecting to get a toggle button so thats a happy surprise. Thanks again for posting everything in this thread.
FORScan Change: Silent Mode Control Function (Dark Car mode)

Module : APIM Module
Status: Done Successfully. Toggle button gets enabled in the Sync 3.4 and above

View attachment 17827

View attachment 17828

Thanks @Max Salvo for asking about it. Its so easy to do in Sync 3.4 and above.
I will keep this option off almost all the time, though. Who doesn't like the Christmas light show. :cool:

This worked perfectly for me. Pressing the lock button on the remote during silent mode does not flash the lights or sound the horn. This is exactly what I was looking for. Its surprising the toggle switch/option isn't enabled from the factory.

Thanks again for the detailed instructions.

OP
R2D2
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #72
FORScan Change: Reverse Mirror Tilt (requires user pressing the mirror buttons for tilting)

Modules : IPC & APIM
Method: Click select on FORScan & then mirror memory setting on the vehicle

1684377280187.png

1684377319306.png

Status: Working good. When the vehicle is shifted to R, user need to press the left or right mirror button for the tilt to happen.

(Images in the next post)

Additional settings needed to correct the mirror position to your favorite position.
  1. Switch the ignition on
  2. Press the memory button
  3. Select the mirror you want to adjust
  4. Put your vehicle into reverse (R) and let the mirror automatically tilt until it stops
  5. When the mirror is in its tilted position and is no longer moving, adjust it with the controls
  6. Hold the memory button for 5 seconds to save the setting
  7. Press the mirror button and return to park (P)
  8. Hold memory button again

Last edited:
OP
R2D2
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #73
IMG_20230517_194819.jpg
Reverse tilt toggle in the mirror setting screen.
IMG_20230517_195134.jpg
Depending on which side button you press, that side mirror tilts.

Reactions
Vehicle
Had that years ago with my Titanium Fusion.
I suggest the passenger side if you can only have one.
The low profile tires like I had makes you feel much better seeing you're not going to scrape curb.
Don't know why they don't add that these days. Was a great feature.

enzo-ita

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST PHEV
Hi,
I am playing with forscan. I want to show the gear ingaged permanently but no way to make it working, also I do not understand the ventilation system of the seats. It seems that it can be activated to work controlled by the climate system but I do not notice any difference once activated. The only diference is that a empty windows pop's up when pushing the ventilation or heating button. I even would like to have the last used driving mode activated on switch on. Any one have a clue? Thanks

Last edited:
OP
R2D2
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #76
FORScan Change: Amber DRL with/without White DRL

Module : BdyCM - Body Control Module

1684860681178.png

Additional Change : If you don't want the White DRL
Module : As-Built Modules BdyCM
Change : 726-42-01 x4x4 xxxx xxXX (original value was 0303 and new 0404)

1684861179086.png

Note : Feature works when the vehicle is running, during day time (when DRL is supposed to work) and when Headlights are in Auto.

Amber DRL With & Without White DRL.jpg
Pictures of Amber DRL working with and without White one

enzo-ita

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST PHEV
FORScan Change: Amber DRL with/without White DRL

View attachment 17964

Additional Change : If you don't want the White DRL
Module : As-Built Modules BdyCM
Change : 726-42-01 x4x4 xxxx xxXX (original value was 0303 and new 0404)

View attachment 17966

Note : Feature works when the vehicle is running, during day time (when DRL is supposed to work) and when Headlights are in Auto.

View attachment 17967
Pictures of Amber DRL working with and without White one
Very useful and interesting. Thanks

OP
R2D2
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #78
Hi,
I am playing with forscan. I want to show the gear ingaged permanently but no way to make it working, also I do not understand the ventilation system of the seats. It seems that it can be activated to work controlled by the climate system but I do not notice any difference once activated. The only diference is that a empty windows pop's up when pushing the ventilation or heating button. I even would like to have the last used driving mode activated on switch on. Any one have a clue? Thanks
I have not tried the most of the things you have mentioned. Even I wanted the the heated and ventilated seat icons on the screen. I have seen them working on an older Sync version.

I have tried to get the rear climate control to work in auto along with front one. All that I could manage was to enable an auto screen button (it was disabled all the time and was not allowing a press option), when rear button is pressed on the HVAC control panel. I disabled it later as it was not working as I wanted.

One thing to keep in mind is that, FORScan can only make changes to modules and features, that Ford has already programmed into one of their vehicle. Features that either a sister brand (Lincoln) or a different trim (Police interceptor) or even a different architecture (F150) or those in a different country, are available.

Another example is, I can enable auto park from FORScan, but the feature is not going to work, since my vehicle is not equipped with the required hardware (sensors).

Need more digging. Will keep you posted if I find anything.

enzo-ita

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST PHEV
I have not tried the most of the things you have mentioned. Even I wanted the the heated and ventilated seat icons on the screen. I have seen them working on an older Sync version.

I have tried to get the rear climate control to work in auto along with front one. All that I could manage was to enable an auto screen button (it was disabled all the time and was not allowing a press option), when rear button is pressed on the HVAC control panel. I disabled it later as it was not working as I wanted.

One thing to keep in mind is that, FORScan can only make changes to modules and features, that Ford has already programmed into one of their vehicle. Features that either a sister brand (Lincoln) or a different trim (Police interceptor) or even a different architecture (F150) or those in a different country, are available.

Another example is, I can enable auto park from FORScan, but the feature is not going to work, since my vehicle is not equipped with the required hardware (sensors).

Need more digging. Will keep you posted if I find anything.
Thanks a lot. I have fun paying with FORScan
1) The ventilated seat icons are already on my screen by default. I think taht you may find a way to activate them.
2) The ventilation system of the seats in the manual is said that can be there and activated to work controlled by the climate system depending on the kind of options. May be is something written by mistake coming from a different model's manual. In the US manual is written:
Note: To improve comfort, use the
ventilated seats along with the vehicle’s air
conditioning system.
3) I want to have the last used driving mode activated on switch on
4) I want to show the gear ingaged permanently
Thanks for your help and lets work together.
Enzo

enzo-ita

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST PHEV
FORScan Change: Remote Global Close

Method: Easy click select multiple options (not As-Built)
Plan: Need to try As-Built method, with multiple module changes, to figure out this one.

Plan Worked : 05/07/2023
Method: As-Built Modules BdyCM, DDM, PDM, AIPM
Working : Now both front windows can be opened and closed from the remote.

Changes made (in green boxes) as below: Red boxes has the old values
View attachment 17781
Hi, I did what suggested, but only the front windows closes and none open up. I have checked twice the settings and they are ok. In the screen the opne close functios are visible and enabled.Thanks

Last edited: