Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Question on possible oil leak

SlothMan

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
2020. I’ve noticed oil around the drain plug but I think it's coming from above. My drain plug looked dry but above there appears to be a leak from something that looks like it's connected to the CV axle, weirdly enough. I bought it CPO and I don't know if it would be covered by powertrain. It has 51k miles. Does it look like that's where the oil is coming from?

Attachments

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
2020. I’ve noticed oil around the drain plug but I think it's coming from above. My drain plug looked dry but above there appears to be a leak from something that looks like it's connected to the CV axle, weirdly enough. I bought it CPO and I don't know if it would be covered by powertrain. It has 51k miles. Does it look like that's where the oil is coming from?
Check out this thread.
https://www.explorerst.org/threads/leaking-oil.5533/page-2#post-84067

E-Fortes

Reactions
That is under warranty up to 60,000