Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Proud new ST owner

Psyber

Reactions
I couldn't resist Ford's 0% APR offer lol. I'd wanted a Exp Sport for the longest, but was holding out for RWD.

I found an Atlas Blue ST with the street pack about 4 hours away. Had been the dealership owner's demo so it had 3k miles on the clock, but still titled as new. They gave me a very aggressive discount on the ST, the VSC and ESP so I'm super happy with the deal I got.

Was even happier on the 4 hour drive back home lol. I had a 2014 Charger R/T Plus that I traded.

I can't believe how sporty this big beast is! As a former police officer I closely follow the Michigan State Police vehicle tests every year. The fact that the 2020 Police Interceptor Utility with the 3.0 beats the 5.7L Charger with the 8 speed transmission to 60 is just crazy to me. My Charger had the 5 speed and a tune and I can say without hesitation that the ST is a touch quicker off the line, but way quicker mid-range due to the sloppy 5 speed auto the Charger had.

Have a Livernois tune on order and an appointment for ceramic coating / paint protection film next week!

Will be ordering an Aries 3069 grille guard as soon as they come out (lots and lots of deer around here...cheaper to replace the guard than the front end lol).

Attachments

STMAN

Reactions
Congrats!!!

KegsBdry

Reactions
I couldn't resist Ford's 0% APR offer lol. I'd wanted a Exp Sport for the longest, but was holding out for RWD.

I found an Atlas Blue ST with the street pack about 4 hours away. Had been the dealership owner's demo so it had 3k miles on the clock, but still titled as new. They gave me a very aggressive discount on the ST, the VSC and ESP so I'm super happy with the deal I got.

Was even happier on the 4 hour drive back home lol. I had a 2014 Charger R/T Plus that I traded.

I can't believe how sporty this big beast is! As a former police officer I closely follow the Michigan State Police vehicle tests every year. The fact that the 2020 Police Interceptor Utility with the 3.0 beats the 5.7L Charger with the 8 speed transmission to 60 is just crazy to me. My Charger had the 5 speed and a tune and I can say without hesitation that the ST is a touch quicker off the line, but way quicker mid-range due to the sloppy 5 speed auto the Charger had.

Have a Livernois tune on order and an appointment for ceramic coating / paint protection film next week!

Will be ordering an Aries 3069 grille guard as soon as they come out (lots and lots of deer around here...cheaper to replace the guard than the front end lol).

Have you been able to find any pictures of the Aries 3069 grille guard on an Explorer ST? I can find others types but they all look way too big on the front of the vehicle. I like how Aries 3069 grille guard has light bar holes ready.

OP
Psyber

Psyber

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Have you been able to find any pictures of the Aries 3069 grille guard on an Explorer ST? I can find others types but they all look way too big on the front of the vehicle. I like how Aries 3069 grille guard has light bar holes ready.
I haven't. I don't think they have any of them to take a real picture yet. From the way it looks it should be a lot shorter front to back than the PIU ones. That plus the lack of drilling is my biggest draw. The PIU ones stick out way too far forward. It barely fits in my garage as it is lol.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome aboard!

Reactions

Did you ever order the grill guard? if so do y mind posting a photo? i've been debating for nearly a year and I wont jump on it until I see a real photo of it on the vehicle.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum. I'm retired law enforcement after 44 years.