Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Premium Gas and Full Synthetic Oil..

Reactions
Agree. Get some race ramps and do it all yourself.
muse your points for oil and filters.

Reactions
I rock full synthetic every 5,000 miles, but the fuel depends on what’s going on. If I’m doing a lot of high way driving and going across state for a trip or to see family I run 87 but if I’m just driving around the city and staying local I usually run 91. With gas prices lately I haven’t been using 91.

Taz

Reactions
Always 93 and always Amsoil 5W-30. My car came with a tank full of 87 octane when I picked it up and it felt really anemic and noisy.

Reactions
You guys going full synthetic, is that through ford service shop, a non ford place, or yourself? Just curious how much extra ford charges for full synthetic. Not sure I’d even trust them to actually do full synthetic even if I paid extra.
I’ve always done the routine maintenance on my cars, for the reason of knowing it’s done correctly. Peace of mind knowing all the oil was taken out and the right amount put in along with the correct spec, the right oil filter and knowing it was if fact replaced. Oil change guys are entry level hires and are prone to mistakes. Plus, I enjoy working on my cars, motorcycles, and airplane. Good therapy.

JohnSVT

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
While I'm sure the exploder would run fine on 87, I push it in sport mode so 93 it is.

After dailying Raptors for years, 93 in this ST is cheap lol.

Chaseg08

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Luckily I have a great new gas station at the bottom of my canyon that has E85 (70%) and E15 at the same pump with 91, 87 and 85. I've been filling with 6 gallons of E85 and 12 gallons of 91.
Just did my second oil change with Mobile1, which I've used in every car I've owned since I was 15. The syth oil (changed every 5k) and utilizing a catch can will help with longevity, especially in cold climates like I live in.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Always 93 and always Amsoil 5W-30. My car came with a tank full of 87 octane when I picked it up and it felt really anemic and noisy.
Bro... I'm still trying to drive my 22 ST out of the trash 87 octane the dealership pumped for me when I bought my ST over the weekend lol

Got my ZFG tuner and tune coming in today, got about less than 1/4 of fuel left so I'll be pumping it full of 93 Octane before I flash the tune in.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I am currently putting 87 in and full synthetic oil only, changed every 5k miles and checked about every 1k. Turbos love oil, have to watch oil consumption with these vehicles.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Same here.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer st
Meaning you are running 0w30?
Also is there an amsoil dealer on this page that I could order from? I know you can just go to the website but I like to help people of the same interest when I can.

MatixST

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Also is there an amsoil dealer on this page that I could order from? I know you can just go to the website but I like to help people of the same interest when I can.
I am a Amsoil preferred customer and get 25% off all purchases

Attachments

Nealx1

Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
87 octane and full synthetic oil
I might have to try high test on a road trip, but I just got mine last Saturday and it only has 104 miles on it

Love it!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer st
I am a Amsoil preferred customer and get 25% off all purchases
So do I order under your page somehow? Not sure exactly how that works or if you even have a page with them.

Reactions
Vehicle
2x 2023 Explorer STs
93 and full synthetic in both of our STs... Been that way since the first change from the factory after ~500 miles.