Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Port injection

J_Faze

Reactions
Are they doing this all at the same time, or did you have the mods you listed when the engine blew?
I had it everything but the meth kit and charge pipes. It was stage 4 tune by livernois and really just ran unbelievable. Ran some shit gas and boom.

J_Faze

Reactions
Damn…wish you had found this place about a year ago. You would have saved a fortune. Also check out High Performance Explorer ST if you’re on Facebook.
Live and learn I found this place then blew the motor so it was a long road back. 17 k for the rebuild and meth kit install. Took some time for me to pay for this. But I rebuilt it because I love my explorer st and I’m sure im not done yet and can share some cool things.

Reactions
I am trying to get into the 700-800 whp. I’m limited to the slow release of new parts and of course the complete unavailability of upgraded internals. I rolled a bearing on pump gas due to leaning out. The dpmi was more of a protection measure for now and future upgrades. I already installed a snow meth injection system and 2.5g tank. LMS didn’t like the setup for reliability. It sprayed before the throttle bottle. I really needed to get it tuned. I was having trouble finding someone who even really
wanted to tune this explorer having already blown the motor and mods they haven’t dealt with before.

Finding this forum maybe I can learn. From my personal research and making a ton of phone calls. LMS were the only ones waiting with open arms and confidence to custom dyno tune my explorer. They recommended this routed because I had the meth kit installed already and said the only way they would tune it is to covert to direct port injection. I’m well over 100k into this truck and no turning back now. I’ll continue to upgrade as they release new parts.

I drove it gently 5k miles untuned to break in the motor. I don’t drive much so this took forever. So after a million calls and a lot of time and really in need of a tune basically LMS was my only choice. The best tuner I know didn’t want to touch it.
I wouldn't say complete unavailability of internals.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions
Cr performance stage 3 turbo
You're not going to get anywhere with the CRP stage 3 turbos, certainly know where near 7-800awhp idk who mislead you on that one. The stock turbines are way too small. The stage 3 shouldn't even really exist, I've never even sold one in fact. Stage 5 is really the only way to go and that's not going to be mid 600s at best.

This is what it takes to get to 700 hp comfortably.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I have been I contact trying to get company’s to make forged interals To no avail. I am well aware
Of this explorer on tik tok.
Brett at FenFab did all of the labor and the guy you quoted did all the tuning. You would be well advised to reach out to him to compare what you’re hearing from LMS to what he knows works. Nobody has more experience on the tuning end of these things than Adam. Same goes for parts either available or coming soon. Want a 10 second ST? Adam is the only person who’s put them there.

J_Faze

Reactions
What’s on my vehicle is
what came out at the time and I’m willing to upgrade as things release. I know new and better turbos released. I’m not here for a Pissing match. I will uprade whatever and need advice.

J_Faze

Reactions
Brett at FenFab did all of the labor and the guy you quoted did all the tuning. You would be well advised to reach out to him to compare what you’re hearing from LMS to what he knows works. Nobody has more experience on the tuning end of these things than Adam. Same goes for parts either available or coming soon. Want a 10 second ST? Adam is the only person who’s put them there.
I have fen fab prts. I’ve done 10.9 so that’s 10
Sec.

J_Faze

Reactions
Right now I will update you on all the numbers and progress and everything in a build thread maybe a week or so. Would love to
Meet the blue explorer guy someday def followed it for over a year.

J_Faze

Reactions
I have the nostrum injectors and fen fab charge pipe

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
I am trying to get into the 700-800 whp. I’m limited to the slow release of new parts and of course the complete unavailability of upgraded internals.
Definately following. I'm done with upgrades for this year, but looking forward to the research and learning moving forward. Love seeing someone who is pushing the envelope and willing to share, both wins and losses. Looking forward to your build threads. If you're willing, I'd love to read about your progress from the beginning to now as well. Thanks for sharing!