Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Police interceptor wheel pics

PMA

Reactions
Can anyone confirm if you actually needed different lug nuts or if the stock ones work with the police center caps?
The stock wheel nuts will not work with the centre caps. I had to purchase new ones.

locoliberty

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
The stock wheel nuts will not work with the centre caps. I had to purchase new ones.

Oh great now I have conflicting information on the forums. guess ill find out on thursday when mine get installed

BDI

Reactions
Oh great now I have conflicting information on the forums. guess ill find out on thursday when mine get installed
Stock lugs indeed work with the hub caps. I have them. AA5266A6-8296-41B0-9319-1570C7DAC475.jpeg

locoliberty

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
265/60R18 Bridgestone DM-V2, since they were cheaper than other size options. 20221229_162459.jpg

H

Ho Chi Mane

No one has popped on this thread in awhile so thought I'd add some more info for folks who want to go this route.

My 18x8 PIU wheels arrive this week. $493 USD including shipping [from Canada to the US] which is $100 less than you'll pay for 1 wheel in the US. I got mine from https://www.rivercityfordparts.ca/

In terms of tire sizes for these wheels, 265/60/18 or 255/65/18 will not only work, our test drivers couldn't discern anything noticeably different between the two sizes when ran side by side on the road, dry, or wet track [running '22 ST's] so choose based on price and availability over what someone tells you is the "better" size.

The stock lugs will work and no spacers are required. I did grab a second set of of lugs, but that's just me and my penchant for preparedness.

As far as the width and the "empty look"...um...the OEM 21's wrapped in 275/45's aren't wide enough and have an ugly gap as-is, so potato/po-TA-to? 265/60/18's sit nearly an inch bigger in circumference than the 275/45/21's and the width difference is < 7 millimeters. When you see them in person the fuller height makes up for the slightly narrower stance, at least optically.

Ultimately, it's a preference thing, entirely subjective, and that's cool, everyone should be able to enjoy what they enjoy, simple as that. For me, I'm simply hard on my vehicles, I drive 50-60k mi/yr and range from highways to NFR's. So PIU wheels with some MI CC2's make the most sense for me and I can live with the look. Worst-case scenario, I get tired of it I'll go with some gloss black 20" Savini BM13's with 255/55 PS4's and keep the CC2's on the PIU's in the garage for a rainy day. I think that's my favorite thing about the ST, it's virsitiliy in function and in look. It can be an absolute sleek and stylish badass [look at all unbroken has done, it's killer!], they can be absolutew sleepers, or they can go unnoticed, totally blending in with the surrounding vehicles. I'm leaning towards mine blending in at the moment.