Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Police interceptor wheel pics

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I know not everyone is a fan of these. But I think they are a great option for a utility vehicle. A super clean look, plenty of comfortable sidewall, super strong wheels that you can hit a curb with.
Does anyone have any pics of police interceptor steelies on an ST. Even better if it’s lowered.
Here’s kind of the look I’m going for (my SHO). Will likely be debadged except for the grill badge.
60DDC964-248E-4930-9417-38DC0D4E3EED.jpeg
The ST I’m getting is gray
Gonna look so good
063DC96E-8E7B-44F6-9121-FC3E92D65196.jpeg

Reactions
Maybe even get some antennas for the top too. And a spot light on each side.

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Maybe even get some antennas for the top too. And a spot light on each side.
Nah

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Sharp, Clean, SHO. Think I would paint the caps black also.

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Sharp, Clean, SHO. Think I would paint the caps black also.
Thanks. SHO is gone. If I do put them on the ST I will probably wrap the caps gray.

PMA

Reactions
I know not everyone is a fan of these. But I think they are a great option for a utility vehicle. A super clean look, plenty of comfortable sidewall, super strong wheels that you can hit a curb with.
Does anyone have any pics of police interceptor steelies on an ST. Even better if it’s lowered.
Here’s kind of the look I’m going for (my SHO). Will likely be debadged except for the grill badge.
View attachment 8617
The ST I’m getting is gray
Gonna look so good
View attachment 8618
Did you get any pictures of an ST with interceptor rims yet? I got some installed last week ad can get you a shot if you wish.

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Did you get any pictures of an ST with interceptor rims yet? I got some installed last week ad can get you a shot if you wish.
No, not yet. Please post pics when you get them. I’m definitely going to pick up a set when I get my ST. Gotta figure out whats the fattest tire I can fit on a steelie. Want to get as much contact patch as possible.

PMA

Reactions
Hi, I have attached some shots of my Police Interceptor Rim's and caps. The tires are 245/60R18 Michelin Ice Snows. The vehicle does have running boards in case you notice them.

The rims are pretty cheap in Canada (about $120 each) but I hear they are expensive(up to $500 each) in the U.S. as the prices become inflated when items are being used for government purposes such as the police. The caps were a bit over $16 each, plus I had to buy new wheel nuts and TPMS. They were dealer installed.

Take care Wheel 1.jpg

Attachments

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Hi, I have attached some shots of my Police Interceptor Rim's and caps. The tires are 245/60R18 Michelin Ice Snows. The vehicle does have running boards in case you notice them.

The rims are pretty cheap in Canada (about $120 each) but I hear they are expensive(up to $500 each) in the U.S. as the prices become inflated when items are being used for government purposes such as the police. The caps were a bit over $16 each, plus I had to buy new wheel nuts and TPMS. They were dealer installed.

Take care View attachment 8802
Thanks. That looks great. Are you at stock ride height?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I get using them for winter wheels with snow tires but for every day use on a big, heavy, sporty SUV with a narrow ass tire on them? Not to mention how far under the fenders they’re tucked? Hard pass because that’s just never gonna look good.
Get something from Detroit Steel or similar where you can pick the offset and width you need to pull off that look on an ST. The PIU wheels will max out at about a 255 width tire and look like you skipped leg day.

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
I get using them for winter wheels with snow tires but for every day use on a big, heavy, sporty SUV with a narrow ass tire on them? Not to mention how far under the fenders they’re tucked? Hard pass because that’s just never gonna look good.
Get something from Detroit Steel or similar where you can pick the offset and width you need to pull off that look on an ST. The PIU wheels will max out at about a 255 width tire and look like you skipped leg day.
Detroit Steel is saved in my bookmarks. If I can’t find a tire wide enough that I’m happy with I’ll likely get a pair of their smoothies.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s not just the tire width that’s gonna kill the look…it’s the PIU wheel width and offset.

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
It’s not just the tire width that’s gonna kill the look…it’s the PIU wheel width and offset.
This actually looks good to me (not my pics). Although I would wrap the center caps.
2B7D3355-3C85-44BF-865D-EE0191F069C4.jpeg
BE1565D0-4AA5-4B4E-8C6E-1AD0B3E593AD.jpeg

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Your car I guess.

Reactions
Am I missing something about these PIU wheels and caps looking good? They have wannabe written all over them but I guess if you want people thinking you’re a cop, that’s a good thing.

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #16
Am I missing something about these PIU wheels and caps looking good? They have wannabe written all over them but I guess if you want people thinking you’re a cop, that’s a good thing.
Not my intent at all. Just want something simple that can take abuse.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I posted this on the winter wheel / tire thread but it seems applicable here, too -
Is there any way to get a Canadian delivery address like a UPS store or similar? The 18" steel wheels are soo inexpensive up there - ~$80 USD each! - 2020 Ford Spare Wheel LB5Z-1015-B | The Truck Lot
I would love 4 of these for winter tires! make it 5 while I am at it for a spare :) I'll drive the ~8 hours and spend a weekend in Toronto to pick them up!

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
I posted this on the winter wheel / tire thread but it seems applicable here, too -
Is there any way to get a Canadian delivery address like a UPS store or similar? The 18" steel wheels are soo inexpensive up there - ~$80 USD each! - 2020 Ford Spare Wheel LB5Z-1015-B | The Truck Lot
I would love 4 of these for winter tires! make it 5 while I am at it for a spare :) I'll drive the ~8 hours and spend a weekend in Toronto to pick them up!
I have a buddy who owns a performance parts business in Canada. I know he works with drop shippers to send stuff to the US. I can hook you up with him if you want. Shoot me a PM.

locoliberty

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Can anyone confirm if you actually needed different lug nuts or if the stock ones work with the police center caps?

Explorer ST Posts