Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

PIU rear sway bar

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Tried search, didn't come up with much.

Would upgrading to PIU rear sway bar be a worthwhile upgrade? It's about half the price of Steeda/AFE. Direct swap with ST hardware?

Thanks.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Can't answer the question but one thing to consider is that the PIU one is not adjustable.

Reactions
The PIU rear bar is in between the ST and Steeda/AFE bars, so of course it’s an upgrade. There are a few threads with comments on the PIU parts already. The PIU rear shocks are also allegedly stiffer, which could be a great combo to cut down the understeer. I have these parts waiting to go on mine since I’ll be removing the rusted Steeda bar. All said and done, the PIU bar & shocks together all came in around $350, FYI. Not a bad deal at all.

OP
R
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Can't answer the question but one thing to consider is that the PIU one is not adjustable.
Good point. Although I would probably just use the middle setting.

OP
R
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
The PIU rear bar is in between the ST and Steeda/AFE bars, so of course it’s an upgrade. There are a few threads with comments on the PIU parts already. The PIU rear shocks are also allegedly stiffer, which could be a great combo to cut down the understeer. I have these parts waiting to go on mine since I’ll be removing the rusted Steeda bar. All said and done, the PIU bar & shocks together all came in around $350, FYI. Not a bad deal at all.
Yeah, solid deal. Are you leaving the front struts stock?

Reactions
Yeah, solid deal. Are you leaving the front struts stock?
Yes. I want only the rear to be stiffer since that’s the way to trim down some under-steer.

True, but a thicker bar is still going to tighten up the rear over a stock bar, just not to the extent of an adjustable bar. The difference may be minimal anyway, but I’ll know soon enough when I make the swap.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Has anyone tried the PIU bar yet? A good amount cheaper, no worries of paint flaking in salt areas, and no potential squeaking / fitment issues. Seems like a win?

also can someone confirm the part number for it? Is it LB5Z-5A772-C?

Reactions
Have had the PIU rear bar and matching shocks on for a couple months now. Nice improvement and even better that it isn’t going to rust out like the Steeda bar. You have the correct p/n.

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
Nice improvement and even better that it isn’t going to rust out like the Steeda bar. You have the correct p/n.
Thank you. Ordered, 138 to my door