Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Performance Tower Braces and Best Tuner for ST?

DarthRed

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST, Rapid Red
Just was delivered, 21 Ex ST, looking for best Tower Braces and Tuners for this model?

Reactions
Welcome - As for Tuners and Tower Braces, you'll find a lot of information on the Explorer ST High Performance page on FB as well as the Explorer ST Forum. Both are really good and have some good admins. Be careful how you sneeze tho. Piss the right one off and you're gone. However - Back to Topic

1. Tuners:
1a. Adam @ ZFG - Current fastest and probably has the longest line of customer support behind him. 93 and e50 are just incredible. You'll be very please.
1b. Palm Beach Dyno - 2nd or 3rd best option and honestly, you can't go wrong with them. However, some have had issues with Transmission shifting, etc. and they've since gone to ZFG. However, still a very good option. Most customers are pleased.
1c. Gearhead - Been in the game a long time, but new to the ST platform. They've not posted much, but they have tunes. People really like them.

2. Sway Bar - REAR ONLY [EDITED FOR God]
2a. Steeda is your options and the front and rear are very good. They're nicely built. Can't go wrong.

3. STRUT TOWER BRACE - FRONT - STEEDA [Added for God]

For all purchases you can either go through Lethal Performance, Whoosh Motorsports or ZFG directly. Enjoy.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Steeda doesn’t have a front sway bar upgrade, only the rear. They do have a strut tower brace as does FenFab.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Do the aftermarket strut tower braces (Steeda, FenFab, etc.) provide any more 'rigidity' than the OEM one, of are they mainly cosmetic? E.g. would I notice any better handling feeling with these over OEM?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Honestly I’d say mostly cosmetic. The oem stamped steel piece is definitely flimsy but if you look deeper at the car you’ll find 2 huge round braces triangulating the firewall and strut towers under the plastic along the cowl. They’re part of the crash protection stuff is what I’m told…but they’re still stiffening up things. I built my own bar…I didn’t like the oem thing. I noticed zero difference.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thanks @UNBROKEN . I did see the pics of your custom brace on another thread, nice!

Reactions