Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Performance brake kit

Abdelnom

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford explorer ST 2022
Hi I’m Michael from Ontario Canada, I’m new to the forum. Just looking to upgrade my brakes on 2022 explorer to a performance brake kit. Found a company called lethal performance it’s a bit expensive is there any others out there more reasonable. I’ve been looking and this is the only one specifically for explorer ST.

Reactions
Hi I’m Michael from Ontario Canada, I’m new to the forum. Just looking to upgrade my brakes on 2022 explorer to a performance brake kit. Found a company called lethal performance it’s a bit expensive is there any others out there more reasonable. I’ve been looking and this is the only one specifically for explorer ST.
Welcome. There is a ton of stuff. Search under Big Brales. Member UNBROKEN has extensive write ups on various options as well. Enjoy the ride

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Kits range from oem GT350 front rotors and calipers to Racing Brake kits using their rotors and SRT Jeep 6 piston Brembos up front to SuperForged full 6 piston kits to Rotoras 8 piston kits.

OP
A

Abdelnom

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford explorer ST 2022
Thread Starter #4
Kits range from oem GT350 front rotors and calipers to Racing Brake kits using their rotors and SRT Jeep 6 piston Brembos up front to SuperForged full 6 piston kits to Rotoras 8 piston kits.
Thank for your help.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Lots of information here on brake upgrades.

OP
A

Abdelnom

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford explorer ST 2022
Thread Starter #7
Thank you

Reactions
I’m now ready for a brake kit, and just started nosing around. I see on Amazon and see a lot of kits from Power Stop. should I assume these are junk?

Reactions
I’m now ready for a brake kit, and just started nosing around. I see on Amazon and see a lot of kits from Power Stop. should I assume these are junk?
That’s not really a brake kit…just stock size replacement stuff you won’t see any actual braking improvements from

Reactions
That’s not really a brake kit…just stock size replacement stuff you won’t see any actual braking improvements from
In your opinion, what brake kit is the best bang for your buck. I‘m trying to find a middle ground with price and performance. Can I find anything good in the $2000 range ? Sorry if you’ve covered this a billion times

Reactions
Superforged for a balanced kit on all 4 corners that’s a one-click buy.
Racing Brake if you have the Street Pack brakes and don’t mind hunting down a pair of oem SRT Jeep front calipers which are actually pretty cheap.

Reactions
Superforged are the best value in a no hassle upgrade imo. Disclaimer….Im running them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Rotoras cost about $7000 all in (not sure if they run sales or not)
Superforged is about $3900 all in.

Front only kits:
Racing Brake kit using a Jeep SRT caliper: probably $2000 all in
GT350 caliper and rotor using MoFo Speed bracket: about $1300 all in depending on where you get parts

Reactions
The issue with the GT350 front only kit is the car will nose dive like crazy if you ever really use the brakes hard. It’s not a balanced system. That’s the elephant in the room nobody wants to talk about…but it’s what happens. That’s why Racing Brake came out with a larger rear rotor and new caliper mounting bracket to increase the rear brake torque to get back to a balanced system. I felt like I could drag the front bumper on the ground with just the upgraded front kit. And stock rear.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The issue with the GT350 front only kit is the car will nose dive like crazy if you ever really use the brakes hard. It’s not a balanced system. That’s the elephant in the room nobody wants to talk about…but it’s what happens. That’s why Racing Brake came out with a larger rear rotor and new caliper mounting bracket to increase the rear brake torque to get back to a balanced system. I felt like I could drag the front bumper on the ground with just the upgraded front kit. And stock rear.
Agreed. I'm still holding out hope Tony gets a bracket made for the rear using the GT350 calipers and S650 GT PP/Dark Horse EPD caliper.

It's a great budget option that will stop the car great for most people, but being a budget option means it's not perfect. If you can only spend $1300, you won't be disappointed. If you can spend $4K, go for the full Superforged kit. Or if you can spend a little more Rotora products are always great.

Reactions
I pulled the trigger on the Superforged today. Unbroken hasn’t steered me wrong yet. I’m not racing with my ST, they look great, and I’m sure they will be more than I will typically need. :)