Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Performance Alignment Specs?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I've been looking around and I can't find much on this. I need to get an alignment done and I would like to figure out the best specs to give the shop. On my mustang there's factory recommendations for street and track settings, as well as lots of info and details on what works best for the driving you plan on doing most. Nothing like that out there for explorers lol

I'm assuming there are some pretty stark differences due to the weight, ride height, and AWD nature of the ST compared to a mustang, so the alignment specs I use aren't going to translate across platforms.

So my question is, what's the best specs to use for a daily driven ST that does very little highway miles, and mostly hard driving on curvy back roads? I'm used to running 1.5+ degrees of negative camber on all 4 corners in my mustang, with .5 degrees more in the front than in the back to help with oversteer. Same with toe, .05 toe in on each side in the front, 0.12 toe in both sides of the rear. Caster is what it is.

What should I be targeting for the best responsiveness and decent tire wear for this platform? Thanks!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
I don't think there's that much adjustment on the front of the ST so stock settings are probably best. For my '87 GT I had Maximum Motorsports camber caster plates that had plenty of adjustments and settings for street/performance and track settings. With Eibacs, KYB's, and tubular control arms it was solid as a rock at 90+ mph. I haven't seen anything similar for the ST yet, so you may have to be patient or have something custom made.