Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Peeling leather on driver seat

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 FORD EXPLORER ST
Has anyone had issues with the leather peeling or tearing on their seats??? I've had my car 4 weeks today! I'm under 500 miles and I noticed yesterday that the leather is peeling at a seam on the driver seat. It's a small area right now, but I know the area will increase in size with use. I'm just wondering if this has been a common issue.

Reactions
Has anyone had issues with the leather peeling or tearing on their seats??? I've had my car 4 weeks today! I'm under 500 miles and I noticed yesterday that the leather is peeling at a seam on the driver seat. It's a small area right now, but I know the area will increase in size with use. I'm just wondering if this has been a common issue.
Photos?

OP
S
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 FORD EXPLORER ST
Thread Starter #7
This isn't the greatest pic. As I stated, it's a small area for now, but i'm sure it will increase in size with use.

Attachments

Mick

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I had a 2020 ST that split the seam on the drivers side, just got a 2022 so we’ll keep an eye on that

Reactions
I lightly scratched (w finger nail) a piece of kid food stuck crumb something off the back seat and now have a white mark that won’t go away. Same color seen in your pic. Must be thin thin black coating

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
That's why I have seat covers. I am under no illusion that the seats will hold up over the next 5 years. I found this out with a Focus RS before this ST. Yes, there is a warranty but I just hate turning my car over to the dealership.

Last edited:

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
That's why I have seat covers. I am under no illusion that the seats will hold up over the next 5 years. I found this out with a Focus RS before this ST. Yes, there is a warranty but I just hate turning my car over to the dealership.
Which seat covers did you get?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
From this company.. Seat Covers Unlimited.
They have Velcro that loops under the seats.There is a lot of stuff under our seats so it takes a little bit of finessing. They come in three parts.Back, bottom and head rests.
The heated part of seats are so hot that the seat covers really don’t change anything. I have not tried out the cooling of the seats yet because i live in the Sub-Arctic. It only started to warm up this week.
Should be fine.