Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Panel/Headlight Misalignment

Reactions
This morning I came across a pretty noticeable misalignment where the top of my headlight and along the bottom of the corner panel and hood meet. Gap increased in size from right to left in picture below. Other side is more aligned. No accidents reported or such reported when purchased used. Has anyone else noticed misalignments like this?

1659623882457.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions
The bumper has to come off to access all headlight bolts.. but maybe loosen all the bolts.. adjust the headlight to fit better and re tighten? Definitely looks like it was adjusted or removed/replaced at some point.

Or it could very well be from factory knowing Ford these days.

OP
mcfarlrm
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
The bumper has to come off to access all headlight bolts.. but maybe loosen all the bolts.. adjust the headlight to fit better and re tighten? Definitely looks like it was adjusted or removed/replaced at some point.

Or it could very well be from factory knowing Ford these days.
Now that I think about it, the left headlight does beam down slightly lower than the right. I'll give the adjustment a try to see if it improves the alignment.