Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Paint corrected, ppf installed, ceramic coating applied.

Bobisbad

Reactions
Vehicle
2008 IS350
Picked up my ST about 6-8 months ago and finally got around to taking it in for paint correction and ppf. The detailer did a level 1 paint correction to remove the swirls and installed xpel ppf on the bumper, hood, front fenders, mirrors and the black pillars. I brought the ST back home where I finished up the work by applying Kamikaze Zipang coating to the paint and plastics, kamikaze stance wheel coating and kamikaze window coat. After the coatings were applied and cured, I applied some polish angel cosmic sprits. I also used Gyeon tire for a wheel dressing.

All of these products were super easy to use and provided insane results. Finally got to do a wash over the weekend and the car glistened in the sun yesterday. Highly, highly recommended if you want your ST to be perfect.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
looks amazing - will follow your recommendations.

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 Explorer ST - Agate Black
Picked up my ST about 6-8 months ago and finally got around to taking it in for paint correction and ppf. The detailer did a level 1 paint correction to remove the swirls and installed xpel ppf on the bumper, hood, front fenders, mirrors and the black pillars. I brought the ST back home where I finished up the work by applying Kamikaze Zipang coating to the paint and plastics, kamikaze stance wheel coating and kamikaze window coat. After the coatings were applied and cured, I applied some polish angel cosmic sprits. I also used Gyeon tire for a wheel dressing.

All of these products were super easy to use and provided insane results. Finally got to do a wash over the weekend and the car glistened in the sun yesterday. Highly, highly recommended if you want your ST to be perfect.
How much did the PPF on the front clip cost you? Comparing pricing.

OP
B

Bobisbad

Reactions
Vehicle
2008 IS350
Thread Starter #4
How much did the PPF on the front clip cost you? Comparing pricing.
I dont remember the exact amount, but I believe it was around $2,000 for bumper, hood, fenders, the black A, B, and D pillars, and rearview mirrors.

J368

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

Does the Gyeon wheel dressing stay on well, or fling off?

OP
B

Bobisbad

Reactions
Vehicle
2008 IS350
Thread Starter #6
I applied it with a foam applicator and after about 15 minutes wiped any excess off. Gives a nice deep black without the mess and prevents it from flinging off.