Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Other tuning changes.....

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I've seen a few other changes that are done in some folks tunes like "show the gear always", tire size changes, and rev limiter obviously. What are the other things people have had done with their tune that improves their driving experience? The instrument cluster is pretty bland as far as what you can see so I'm curious what others have changed when getting tuned. Trying to get an understanding of what changes might be available so I can give Adam a list.

Anybody?

LokiWolf

Reactions
I've seen a few other changes that are done in some folks tunes like "show the gear always", tire size changes, and rev limiter obviously. What are the other things people have had done with their tune that improves their driving experience? The instrument cluster is pretty bland as far as what you can see so I'm curious what others have changed when getting tuned. Trying to get an understanding of what changes might be available so I can give Adam a list.

Anybody?
Adam will tweak the things that can be done. You are in good hands!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Adam will tweak the things that can be done. You are in good hands!

Yes I agree, thanks. Adam says ask for whatever you want and he will let me know if he can do it. Just don't know what changes are available. In all my tuning I never really had any display setting changed or anything outside of performance. I love the idea of seeing what gear it is in all the time. Just hoping to get more ideas.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Show gear always can be done, I have it on my tune from 5 star. Did not know it could be done until I got the tune and BAM! there it was. You can also request to disable or turn off the Auto Stop Start.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black

Anybody?
Definitely disable auto start/stop function and show gears.
I have a 5 star 93 tune, however I have been thinking about getting the ZFG tune.
Is it expensive? And I wonder what more he could get out of what I already have....

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
A single tune from ZFG is 450, if you already have an HP tuning device, more if you don't. An additional tune is 250. ZFG claims around 75 hp on a otherwise stock engine with a 91-93 tune, and about 100 on E50. I've never seen 5 star make any claims on gains, but seat of the pants says they don't make nowhere near that much.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
A single tune from ZFG is 450, if you already have an HP tuning device, more if you don't. An additional tune is 250. ZFG claims around 75 hp on a otherwise stock engine with a 91-93 tune, and about 100 on E50. I've never seen 5 star make any claims on gains, but seat of the pants says they don't make nowhere near that much.
The ZFG shifting is well know to blow 5Star away too.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
The ZFG shifting is well know to blow 5Star away too.
As im new to the tune market.
I have been using the 5 star 93 tune with the sct tuner and it seems to be ok. They claim a 75 horse gain with 93 tune??? I haven't ran it yet on a draggy or track. I've gotten used to the sct tuner, is the HP format more user friendly?
I'm gonna have to do some research on it.

Reactions
As im new to the tune market.
I have been using the 5 star 93 tune with the sct tuner and it seems to be ok. They claim a 75 horse gain with 93 tune??? I haven't ran it yet on a draggy or track. I've gotten used to the sct tuner, is the HP format more user friendly?
I'm gonna have to do some research on it.
I've been using the 5star tunes with an sct and dynoed 460hp 458tq on their E50 tune. Waiting on my HP tuners device and tune from zfg and I'll post Dyno results again for comparison.

Attachments

LokiWolf

Reactions
Here is ZFG back to back on the same day, Stock otherwise ST. Stock 93, ZFG 93, ZFG E50. 5 Star cannot compete, neither in power or Trans control.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
I've been using the 5star tunes with an sct and dynoed 460hp 458tq on their E50 tune. Waiting on my HP tuners device and tune from zfg and I'll post Dyno results again for comparison.
Thanks for the info. Is this considered to the wheel horsepower?
I recently received my Dragy and ran 12.85 verified and a 12.55 unverified on the Dragy...whatever that means.
That was on 5 star 93 tune, MBRP cat-back and a K&N drop in filter.

Reactions
Thanks for the info. Is this considered to the wheel horsepower?
I recently received my Dragy and ran 12.85 verified and a 12.55 unverified on the Dragy...whatever that means.
That was on 5 star 93 tune, MBRP cat-back and a K&N drop in filter.
Correct this is to the wheels