Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Order placed for 2021

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Put an order in on June 29th and the dealer said 4-7 months wait. Will be a 2022 model feels like.

Still no Vin or other tracking info to check on.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

Reactions
Almost the same as me, order placed on June 25th. I just got my build date of October 10th, delivery by end of October or first week in November. I forgot to ask if it was a 21 or 22, but they mentioned it could be a 22 when I placed the order. I'll have to check the VIN when I have a chance.

Hopefully you're timing is similar!

STmtn

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Order placed June 6th... have VIN and order number ... still not in production via tracking...

Reactions
My order was placed on 7/1 and received the vin last week. Sitting in order confirmed status...

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Almost the same as me, order placed on June 25th. I just got my build date of October 10th, delivery by end of October or first week in November. I forgot to ask if it was a 21 or 22, but they mentioned it could be a 22 when I placed the order. I'll have to check the VIN when I have a chance.

Hopefully you're timing is similar!
22 production Doesn’t start until November.

Reactions
This may be anecdotal, but my salesman told me that scheduling begins mid-August and production is set to begin the second week of October when I put in my order for a 2022. That's not far off from November, just sayin'...

Reactions
Thanks! I confirmed that mine is a '21 but there's not supposed to be any major changes so doesn't matter to me really.

Just trying to figure out how many parts to purchase before I even have the ST hah

Reactions
This may be anecdotal, but my salesman told me that scheduling begins mid-August and production is set to begin the second week of October when I put in my order for a 2022. That's not far off from November, just sayin'...
I was told Oct 10th production date, so 1 week away from a 22 hah

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
hey I hope you’re right! I was just going off the timeline I found over on blue oval forums. Maybe I’ll send my salesman an email asked. Would love to have my ST ASAP.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks! I confirmed that mine is a '21 but there's not supposed to be any major changes so doesn't matter to me really.

Just trying to figure out how many parts to purchase before I even have the ST hah
yeah I wouldn’t sweat it at all. I only went for a 22 because it was available when I wanted to ordered. Seemed silly to pick a 21 when a 22 was available.

Reactions
wait oct 10 for a 21?
Yup oct 10 for a 21. Unless for some reason they can change it as the actual production date gets closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I received my 2022 confirmation email from Ford today :D(y)

Screenshot 2021-08-12 131225.jpg

Reactions
do they send email like that for 21 too?

Reactions
do they send email like that for 21 too?
Not too sure about that (obviously); someone with a '21 order will need to chime in.

However, some of the language in the body leads me to believe this is a '22-specific mail; not to say the '21 orders don't receive something similar...

Screenshot 2021-08-12 133828.jpg

Reactions
I did not get an email but also don't remember giving the dealer an email address to send it to soooo..... hah. I only see the confirmation on the tracking website. My dealer states an October 10th build date, but I don't see that on the website. Guess they have a more detailed look.

VUDU350

Reactions
Those who ordered and are wondering about the changes between 21 and 22. The interior is gloss black now instead of silver, RWD option, Stone Blue Metallic paint and Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Coat.

Last edited:

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I did not get an email but also don't remember giving the dealer an email address to send it to soooo..... hah. I only see the confirmation on the tracking website. My dealer states an October 10th build date, but I don't see that on the website. Guess they have a more detailed look.
you need an order number and vin for the tracking website right?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Those who ordered and are wondering about the changes between 21 and 22. The interior is gloss black now instead of silver, RWD option and Stone Blue Metallic paint.
yeah I saw about the gloss black. But that was switched in the 21 model I believe. It was matte black before.