Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Onboard AT&T LTE Cell Service - Looking to Change Carrier / SIM Card Slot?

Reactions
I got 3 emails from AT&T saying please come back to us and we will give you a discount....but the service hasn't any issues except for once for about 20mins and we were on a road trip so I didnt think anything of it. So far its been good all we mainly use it for is my 6yrs old tablet when she gets bored in the car. Sure 20 bucks for that is a lot...but then again it isn't lol.

Reactions
There are still 2G sites out there?.......I was told all 2G was pulled in Canada/USA years ago.

As 5G pushes out we should see 3G hardware going obsolete soon so I would be very surprised if 2G sites still existed.

4G LTE will be the fall back for 5G
To your point it's 5g/4g service throttled.

When they say "2G speed" it means throttled at T-Mobile's APN to about 128 kpbs or about the maximum you might get from an EDGE connection, on a good day.

Reactions
Finally was working this morning for the first time. AT&T recognized the VIN and activated my free trial. I passed the info along that Sgt1411 provided. You never talk to the same person twice and you always wind up in an offshore call center. But, they were able to tell me passed facts about the issue. So maybe the notes helped. Either way, very appreciative.