Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

OMG, Real Snow!

Reactions
Not sure where to post this question, but... I haven’t experienced snow in my ST yet as I’ve been in NC till recently. I’m now in the greater Philadelphia area doing a Santa gig through Christmas. Apparently we are expecting significant snowfall. Any tips on piloting this beast through the white stuff? Do the alternate drive settings make any difference?
Thanks in advance and best holiday wishes to all of you from the real Santa! F0CB564B-F613-480D-B91F-EF9D25632254.jpeg

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
HEY! Where's the pony you promised me last year? While we don't get snow down here in South Carolina I used to live in N.J. and drove several 4wd up there. The "snow" setting on the ST, like the others I drove, will change the shift parameters and adjust the power delivery fore and aft to accommodation conditions. Use it, and start out cautiously until you get the feel for how this rig handles. And remember, when you put the brakes on you lose the four wheel drive advantage and you're the same as everyone else.

Reactions
And always remember, very easy on the gas and brakes. Excess of either on snow is not good.