Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Old man from West KY

Reactions
I, too, am one of the old guys. Nearing 72, there is still a hunger to go quickly and safely. The fun is a bonus!

OP
Symetry

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
This old Geezer Gearhead is still waiting to hear back from dealer on the last offer.

So thanks to Dallas ST here, I found another White one in Livermore Ky.
It has the street pack instead of hi performance pack, so it's about $700 cheaper.
Guess I'll go start new negotiations today.
Its a bit of a drive. About 1hr 20 minutes.
But I'm a retired geezer , with lots of free time.

Sure a lot of geezers on here.:LOL::cool:. Been married nigh on 55 years. So I did most of my hot rodding with her when we were younguns.:)

Jim

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
good luck!

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
This old Geezer Gearhead is still waiting to hear back from dealer on the last offer.

So thanks to Dallas ST here, I found another White one in Livermore Ky.
It has the street pack instead of hi performance pack, so it's about $700 cheaper.
Guess I'll go start new negotiations today.
Its a bit of a drive. About 1hr 20 minutes.
But I'm a retired geezer , with lots of free time.

Sure a lot of geezers on here.:LOL::cool:. Been married nigh on 55 years. So I did most of my hot rodding with her when we were younguns.:)

Jim
My ST I negotiated completely by email since my dealer was about 85 miles away

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
My ST I negotiated completely by email since my dealer was about 85 miles away
surprisingly, the dealer I purchased from had the 'internet price' (~$50.5k) on their web site and that is the price they honored; usually those are 'teaser' prices. I was pleasantly surprised with the upfront pricing. it actually ended up a little bit less due to me not taking the 0% Ford financing ($500 add'l credit).

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
surprisingly, the dealer I purchased from had the 'internet price' (~$50.5k) on their web site and that is the price they honored; usually those are 'teaser' prices. I was pleasantly surprised with the upfront pricing. it actually ended up a little bit less due to me not taking the 0% Ford financing ($500 add'l credit).
The dealer I have been working with in central KY has internet pricing that is insanely low. But between my buddies and I we have probably purchased 6-7 vehicles from them over the last 2 years and they always stand by their online pricing. Some dealers are (mostly) honest, but I would imagine they're uncommon.

OP
Symetry

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #27
Well I gotta say , this SALESMAN today was the worst I've ever had to deal with.

I knew it wasn't gonna go well , when he couldn't tell me anything about the vehicle, or any thing for that matter.

So I suggested they take my car and value it for trade.
He did.
He sat down , after visiting his manager, and laid a piece of paper on the desk for me to read.
They offered a $2000 discount off msrp. Which was $58,930.

Offered $2750 less than other dealer for my car.
I said that's too little for my car , and I need more discount.
He said that's it , what you see is what you get.

I said thanks , what you see is me leaving.
He said thanks for stopping in.

They were not gonna negotiate another penny.

Wasted trip.

Back to square one.

Jim

Reactions
Well I gotta say , this SALESMAN today was the worst I've ever had to deal with.

I knew it wasn't gonna go well , when he couldn't tell me anything about the vehicle, or any thing for that matter.

So I suggested they take my car and value it for trade.
He did.
He sat down , after visiting his manager, and laid a piece of paper on the desk for me to read.
They offered a $2000 discount off msrp. Which was $58,930.

Offered $2750 less than other dealer for my car.
I said that's too little for my car , and I need more discount.
He said that's it , what you see is what you get.

I said thanks , what you see is me leaving.
He said thanks for stopping in.

They were not gonna negotiate another penny.

Wasted trip.

Back to square one.

Jim
I guess they must be selling ST's like hot cakes, else why would a dealer not negotiate at all. That is crazy. One of the members on this Forum shared a link where Ford Explorer's sales has increased by 87% (yeah 87%) so I guess they have the new attitude because of that.

Reactions
Geezer Gear Head Group. I like that! Maybe we should start a Geezer thread. I'm 73 and bought my ST in September 2019 when they first came out. It's almost as much fun as my 99 Lightning was, but nowhere near as loud and way more sophisticated. I just wish I could turn off some of the nanny stuff and have it stay off. One of the great things about driving my 65 2+2 (in the summer only - I live in New Hampshire) is that it doesn't do anything for you, you have to do everything yourself. Anyway, good luck finding an ST at a reasonable price. It's out there somewhere. You'll love it!

Explorer ST Posts