Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Noise from Passenger Rear Door

Reactions
While driving through a parking lot, I heard a noise coming from the rear seating area. I have heard this noise before and always thought it was the seatbelt mechanism making the noise. Today, I opened the rear passenger's side door, started to shut the door, and stopped. The momentum caused the noise to occur. I swung the door back and forth and it continued to make the noise. It sounded like the sun shade was loose inside the door and banging around, or possibly a wire harness. It is definitely coming from inside the door. The sun shade works fine. I opened the rear driver's side door, swung it back and forth, but it did not make any noise. Going to take it to Ford since it is under warranty. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks!

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
**Update** - Took vehicle to Ford. Advisor said tweeter speaker in rear door was loose. Problem solved.

Reactions
Seems to me all these issues stem from the union hacks that cannot provide quality assembly out there in Chicago. Engineering is top notch but does no good when its half assed slapped together. I feel bad for ford being stuck with the uaw.

Reactions
**Update** - Took vehicle to Ford. Advisor said tweeter speaker in rear door was loose. Problem solved.
Did they say how it was loose? Missing bolt or just not tighten properly?