Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

No audio from Waze for police alert using Car Play

db6

Reactions
I used wireless CarPlat2Air and have noticed that I do not get any audio on police alerts. They appear on the map, but again, no audio alert. I get audio for road hazards, directions, etc. but not police. Any ideas? Using an iphone 12 with 14.2.1.

Thanks

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Settings/map display/reports/police >>>verify that "alert me while driving" is on.

Honestly, Waze has had so many bugs lately that it wouldn't surprise me. And it seems like bug fixes solve some problems and bring back old ones or start new ones.

OP
db6

db6

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Alert me while driving was on selected.
Tried unselecting and then reselecting, no impact.

I deleted app and reinstalled - still no audio for police

Reactions
Ford ST supports Apple Wireless Carplay? I thought it needed to be connected via cable for carplay to work

Update: Couldn't resist so went at checked it out in the middle of the night, it does NOT work. I need to plug in the cable for Apple CarPlay to work.

Last edited:
Reactions
Ford ST supports Apple Wireless Carplay? I thought it needed to be connected via cable for carplay to work

Update: Couldn't resist so went at checked it out in the middle of the night, it does NOT work. I need to plug in the cable for Apple CarPlay to work.
2nd Update: Just realized after some research that this is with an additional gadget (Carplay2air) which I need to purchase for this to work. Sorry about my ignorance.