Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Nitrous Oxide

F=MA

Reactions
Nitrous Oxide. Not much discussion about this performance enhancer here. So I have a whipple intercooler, Borla S-Type exhaust and the ZFG E50 tune. I realize I can pick up improvements by going with downpipes, 3" exhaust, rehabbed turbo's but if your a frequent trader like I am the less permanent changes I make to the vehicle the less I have to remove at trading time. As is, I would have to spend a day removing the UPR system and the intercooler. I kept the stock exhaust just in case it needs to go back on. Is it simply no one wants to take a chance blowing up a new truck engine? What is the horsepower potential of nitrous on my engine. I would think it would be good at covering up any turbo lag. :unsure:

Reactions
Nitrous Oxide. Not much discussion about this performance enhancer here. So I have a whipple intercooler, Borla S-Type exhaust and the ZFG E50 tune. I realize I can pick up improvements by going with downpipes, 3" exhaust, rehabbed turbo's but if your a frequent trader like I am the less permanent changes I make to the vehicle the less I have to remove at trading time. As is, I would have to spend a day removing the UPR system and the intercooler. I kept the stock exhaust just in case it needs to go back on. Is it simply no one wants to take a chance blowing up a new truck engine? What is the horsepower potential of nitrous on my engine. I would think it would be good at covering up any turbo lag. :unsure:
Do you like the way your pistons are arranged or are looking to rearrange them? Maybe make them external?

Lol all jokes aside, not a great idea. It can be done it's just going to carry a lot of risk.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Do you like the way your pistons are arranged or are looking to rearrange them? Maybe make them external?
Comedy gold right here folks.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions

Lol all jokes aside, not a great idea. It can be done it's just going to carry a lot of risk.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
lol, good one

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I’ve rearranged more pistons than I care to remember over the years. 10/10 do not recommend.

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I've dabbled in bottle fed fun in the past. I'm currently playing with some methanol for my Z06. :cool:

88133212_10207132526949762_5301041910251520000_o.jpg

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I've dabbled in bottle fed fun in the past. I'm currently playing with some methanol for my Z06. :cool:

View attachment 3368
I wanted to do direct port Meth on my blown 6.1 Hemi Ram...sold it before I got the chance. Had to settle for the normal way to inject it. Yours looks better. 30486889-B831-4CD1-85AC-C7349C556AC2.jpeg

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
That's a beautiful setup UNBROKEN. Impressive to say the least.

Reactions
I’ve run nitrous on some of my past and current cars (LSX’s, Hemi’s, etc.). IMO, many have the misconception that nitrous is a cheap way to make power. Although true to some extent, you usually get what you pay for -- I would never run a large hit (150 or higher) without taking precaution -- a full progressive controller and dedicated fuel cell ($2K plus in cost before you get to the actual kit) are necessities in my books to not repeatedly have to live by the adage “spray and pray.” That said, I would still be curious to see how much this platform can reasonably take – a baby shot would go a long way for these trucks.

OP
F=MA

F=MA

Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Hell yes that's what I am talking about. Who wants to donate thier vehicle to science? Only those with "blew" ST's need apply.

Last edited: