Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Nicky STang's - BADASS ST - Silver Spruce Build

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Nick P
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
UPDATE FROM THE LAB....

Fronts Tinted 20%
Windshield Tinted 50%

Body Matching Paint is extremely labor intensive!

Off Body:
- Removed each piece and hand sanded.
- 2 coats of primer, hand sanded again.
- 3 coats of Silver Spruce, hand sanded between each coat.
- Fog Light Housing Gloss Black

On Body:
- 2 more coats of Silver Spruce blended with Fenders and Doors.
- 2 Coats of Ceramic Pro 9H Clear Coat

Going up on the lift to install Whipple IC, H&R's, Borla Exhaust, UPR Catch Can (w/ high performance PCV line, magnetic drain plug & drain line), Steeda Rear Sway Bar, Dynamic Diode LED's, Redline Hood Struts, Gorilla Lug Nuts.

**Tomorrow is Vinyl Wrap install day! (Roof, C-Pillar and Center Hood)**

***Parts on backorder:
- SPD Downpipes
- Interceptor Roof Rails
- LED Welcome Angel Wings Ghost Shadow Courtesy Lights
https://www.youstar-light.com/produ...Wxws5YiifoncUf_aF1H105jrFxyXO0toaArrSEALw_wcB

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
UPDATE FROM THE LAB....

Fronts Tinted 20%
Windshield Tinted 50%

Body Matching Paint is extremely labor intensive!

Off Body:
- Removed each piece and hand sanded.
- 2 coats of primer, hand sanded again.
- 3 coats of Silver Spruce, hand sanded between each coat.
- Fog Light Housing Gloss Black

On Body:
- 2 more coats of Silver Spruce blended with Fenders and Doors.
- 2 Coats of Ceramic Pro 9H Clear Coat

Going up on the lift to install Whipple IC, H&R's, Borla Exhaust, UPR Catch Can (w/ high performance PCV line, magnetic drain plug & drain line), Steeda Rear Sway Bar, Dynamic Diode LED's, Redline Hood Struts, Gorilla Lug Nuts.

**Tomorrow is Vinyl Wrap install day! (Roof, C-Pillar and Center Hood)**

***Parts on backorder:
- SPD Downpipes
- Interceptor Roof Rails
- LED Welcome Angel Wings Ghost Shadow Courtesy Lights
https://www.youstar-light.com/produ...Wxws5YiifoncUf_aF1H105jrFxyXO0toaArrSEALw_wcB

Good stuff bro

OP
Nick P
Reactions
Thread Starter #25
After a week of sanding, priming, (sanding), painting, (sanding again)....Quick sneak preview of the back with OG pictures for reference.

Darkened the Tail/Marker lights and Tints on windows/windshield

... Still have the front nose off for IC install and hasn't been dropped or Black Chrome Borla tips. Still needs the vinyl on the top as well... But I'm already loving it

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
After a week of sanding, priming, (sanding), painting, (sanding again)....Quick sneak preview of the back with OG pictures for reference.

Darkened the Tail/Marker lights and Tints on windows/windshield

... Still have the front nose off for IC install and hasn't been dropped or Black Chrome Borla tips. Still needs the vinyl on the top as well... But I'm already loving it

Looks clean brother

OP
Nick P
Reactions
Thread Starter #27
Looks clean brother
Dude is more obsessed with perfection than I am

Spent a whole week prepping each piece off the truck... Just put the back and side pieces on today. Knew I found my guy, when he took 30 minutes looking at every corner of the Truck

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Dude is more obsessed with perfection than I am

Spent a whole week prepping each piece off the truck... Just put the back and side pieces on today. Knew I found my guy, when he took 30 minutes looking at every corner of the Truck

That’s a good thing bro. Not everyone is like that.

OP
Nick P
Reactions
Thread Starter #29
Good Morning Gorgeous!!

Some rainy, early morning, first light photos and videos of the finished product! I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Only thing left to do is delete the Roof Rails (after 9/1, backordered) for the Slick Top Interceptor look to make the stance even more agressive...

Next stop... time to get to work with Adam from ZFG Racing for a 93 Performance Tune to squeeze every drop of juice that she has!

Since there's no Ethanol Fuel to be found in NJ and after a lengthy, detailed conversation about the benefits of Methanol vs Ethanol with my mechanic... I am considering installing a Methanol Fuel tank to be calibrated to spray at 3,000 RPM'S (with a kill switch for economic driving circumstances and Methanol conservation). This is an inexpensive Mod (roughly $1,000) and with a 1:1 Methanol to Water ratio... can deliver an additional 40 WHP, while decreasing overall temperature and keeping the engine in good health and super clean. Gonna let her break in a bit first and see where the ZFG 93 Tune takes me first.

The lowered stance from the H&R's and the Steeda Rear Sway Bar make this thing corner unbelievably well. I can cut 90° turns at 40mph and she sticks it with no roll whatsoever! Quick Lane changes are immediately responsive and entering/exiting corners are fucking incredible!!

Borla S-Type Exhaust is perfectly throaty enough for me. ** Still have to install the SPD Catted Downpipes next week to complete the complete exhaust system. I don't want the obnoxiously loud sound from a 6 cylinder Turbo charged engine and I certainly don't expect to have the menacing growl similar to my Flowmasters on my V8 5.0L Mustang... Bottom Line for me the sound let's you know that this BadasST doesn't **** around!!

I've purchased this truck on 7/24... But I've been dreaming about building it since it dropped in 2019. After several weeks without the Truck while she was in the LAB... I get to take her on vacation to the Jersey shore down in Lavalette, NJ and enjoy my new BadasST build!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS TRUCK! View attachment 20200829_064358_02_1.mp4 View attachment 20200829_064656_02_1.mp4 View attachment 20200829_064605_02_1.mp4 20200829_093112.jpg 20200829_093215.jpg 20200829_064656_01.jpg 20200829_064452_03.jpg 20200829_064634_03.jpg 20200827_165359.jpg 20200827_162821_03.jpg preview.jpg

Attachments

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
the carbon fiber roof wrap certainly came out way better than i thought it would... looks very SVR. well done.

OP
Nick P
Reactions
Thread Starter #31
the carbon fiber roof wrap certainly came out way better than i thought it would... looks very SVR. well done.
Thanks brother! SVR was definitely an influence for the color scheme but didn't know exactly how the lines would look on the ST... Turns out looks pretty BadasST IMO!

OP
Nick P
Reactions
Thread Starter #32
Model Shoot at the Beach... 20200902_102122.jpg 20200902_102308.jpg 20200902_102426.jpg 20200902_102346.jpg 20200902_111934.jpg 20200902_111447.jpg 20200902_111127.jpg 20200902_110402.jpg 20200902_101053_03.jpg 20200902_111318.jpg 20200902_102257.jpg

Attachments

F=MA

Reactions
Definitely like the upgrades on this color combo.

Reactions
Your ride looks great. As others have commented, I can definitely see the Range Rover resemblance especially from the rear quarter view. It's definitely a head turner! Appreciate your comments on how much the springs and sways made a difference in the handling. Same with the exhaust... I would want something deep and throaty but not obnoxious. So far the Borla S-Type sounds the best to me from all the clips online. Did you end up getting the downpipes installed yet? and did it make a big difference in loudness combined with the Borla?

OP
Nick P
Reactions
Thread Starter #35
Your ride looks great. As others have commented, I can definitely see the Range Rover resemblance especially from the rear quarter view. It's definitely a head turner! Appreciate your comments on how much the springs and sways made a difference in the handling. Same with the exhaust... I would want something deep and throaty but not obnoxious. So far the Borla S-Type sounds the best to me from all the clips online. Did you end up getting the downpipes installed yet? and did it make a big difference in loudness combined with the Borla?
Dude thanks brother, much appreciated! Haven't put the Downpipes on yet. I just got back from a 10 day vacation and straight into back to work/back to school so it's been a crazy week.

I'm also still waiting for the Interceptor Rails to come in. Called Sunrise Ford who told me they'd ship on 9/1...and they've had the parts but, they didn't ship them. So I just paid another $60 for expedited shipping from CA. Want to wait until those parts are in...if I'm going to have downtime without the truck might as well do both the Downpipe install and the 6 hour project of the Slick Top Rail install.

Then it's back to work with Adam @ZFGracing to update the 93 Performance Tune with that part upgrade yielding the most substantial add of HP.

Gonna rock with that for a while and that will essentially complete my initial dream of a build on the ST.

Looking forward to see what upgrades Voodoo Autosport and Daren comes up with (CAI, Powder coated Charge Pipes) for additional Performance.

After that ...If/when I get itchy for MORE POWAH... gonna start the Methanol/Water Injection System conversation adding another 70-80HP!

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Dude thanks brother, much appreciated! Haven't put the Downpipes on yet. I just got back from a 10 day vacation and straight into back to work/back to school so it's been a crazy week.

I'm also still waiting for the Interceptor Rails to come in. Called Sunrise Ford who told me they'd ship on 9/1...and they've had the parts but, they didn't ship them. So I just paid another $60 for expedited shipping from CA. Want to wait until those parts are in...if I'm going to have downtime without the truck might as well do both the Downpipe install and the 6 hour project of the Slick Top Rail install.

Then it's back to work with Adam @ZFGracing to update the 93 Performance Tune with that part upgrade yielding the most substantial add of HP.

Gonna rock with that for a while and that will essentially complete my initial dream of a build on the ST.

Looking forward to see what upgrades Voodoo Autosport and Daren comes up with (CAI, Powder coated Charge Pipes) for additional Performance.

After that ...If/when I get itchy for MORE POWAH... gonna start the Methanol/Water Injection System conversation adding another 70-80HP!

Before you go water/meth you should talk to Adam about his stage 3/4 turbo upgrades. i need you to be my guinnea pig. :) hpfp and his stage 3 kit i think would help make a more "tangible" difference to the powerband than an injection system. and as of right now are my next "in queue" wish list items. i just want to have more miles on my truck to make sure that any gremlins who might want to show up have their opportunity.

wcoyne

Reactions
Looks great!! The hood gives it the Roush P51 Mustang look

OP
Nick P
Reactions
Thread Starter #38
Looks great!! The hood gives it the Roush P51 Mustang look
Thanks man! ...Wish it had the same functioning hood scoop!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

wcoyne

Reactions
Thanks man! ...Wish it had the same functioning hood scoop!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I checked out the air intake on the ST after reading your reply and agree its not much. Someone should manufacture a ram air hood for these. I was surprised at how much of the grille is blocked by plastic

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I checked out the air intake on the ST after reading your reply and agree its not much. Someone should manufacture a ram air hood for these. I was surprised at how much of the grille is blocked by plastic
It’s blocked for a reason and the intake scoop for the airbox is quite large. The shape of the grille opening funnels air straight into it