Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Nicky STang's - BADASS ST - Silver Spruce Build

Reactions
I'm starting this thread, chronicling my BADASS ST Build from stock and will update as I go with photos and videos.

I've wanted this truck in Silver Spruce optioned with the ST Street Pack, Premium B&O system, Dual Panel Roof and Captain's Chairs since I first saw it in December 2019... blacked out in the dealership showroom, with the Bruce LeRoy Glow around it !!

First stop is to the Body Shop with the following...

Exterior Upgrades :

- $320 for Front Windows/Windshield Tint 20%/50%

- $800 Body Match Paint on both Rocker Panels/All Fender Flares (sand, prime, paint off vehicle, then blend paint on vehicle)

- $1600 Body Match Paint on Front and Rear Bumper Covers down to the ground (Gloss Black on Fog Light housing)

- $400 Gloss Black Roof and C-Pillar Vinyl Wrap

- $250 Carbon Fiber middle Hood Vinyl Wrap

- $600 Black Ford Emblems, Tint Tail Lights, Reflectors, Fog Lights

- $150 All incandescent bulbs to Diode Dynamics LED bulbs (Reverse, Signal, Licence plate)

- $500 Roof Rail Delete to Police Interceptor Rails

- $1800 - XPel Front Nose/Rocker Panel wrap

$6,500 ALL-IN for everything.

Dropping it of Monday 8/10, done by next Friday.

-----------------------------------

Performance/Aftermarket Mods going in :

- Borla S-Type Cat Back Exhaust
- Whipple Mega Cooler Intercooler
- H&R Springs (1.6"-1.75")
- UPR Dual Valve Oil Catch Can with ECSS (with Magnetic Drain Plug and Drain Line Kit)
- SPD Catted Downpipes
- Redline Tuning Hood Quicklift Plus System
- K&N Drop In Air Filter
- UPR Magnetic Tip Oil Pan Drain Plug

Catted Downpipes are 2 week pre-order, so Exterior Upgrades will be done prior to Performance Upgrades.

------------------------------------

I'm posting pics from the day I brought her home from the dealership and will update accordingly.

I've loved Ford's since my first car when I was 17 - a 1989 Mustang 5.0LX Hatchback with the tri-bar Red, White & Blue Pony/25 Years the red Shelby stripes and XXV badging. (K&N Intake, Long tube headers, Flowmaster exhaust, upgraded radiator, replaced water pump, T-stat, 91-92 T-Bird Supercharge fuel pump). That car was Fast, Loud and Fun... earned me the nickname "Nicky 'Stang".

This is my 3rd Explorer and 1st one I believe is worth putting money into...Looking forward to building enjoying this ST and getting that same feeling of enjoyment from my Mustang Days!

Stay "Tuned"...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Sounds like a great start.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Agreed! Need more builds to look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Very interested in seeing the Carbon Fiber middle Hood Vinyl Wrap. That feeling of being able to have fun upgrading and making it unique while still having true functionality is key for the ST. Loving this Builds section! Who's doing your XPEL? My last car purchase I used someone not far from you in Norwood.

OP
Nick P
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
@NYKn1ght Nice man!! Another local NNJ guy! I live in Hillsdale... my gym, Impact Zone is in Norwood.

I'm getting the work done at:

https://www.prestigeautobodynj.com/services

Tommy the Greek is the man! Been doing it 30 years and just gets it. He's the kind of guy that won't let it leave the shop unless it looks perfect and just has an eye for it.

Prices are amazingly competitive as well... I was quoted $11,500 by Eurotech Motorsports in Mahwah and illmatic Wraps in Hackensack quoted me $9,200.

DM and I'll give you his contact info.

OP
Nick P
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Sounds like a great start.
Definitely going to continue to bounce things off you @UNBROKEN ...Thanks for all your help and feedback so far

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
If you have Instagram check out Explorer_ST_Addicts.
I only post mods or modded ST’s. You might find a new idea or 2 there.

Reactions
Following

OP
Nick P
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
If you have Instagram check out Explorer_ST_Addicts.
I only post mods or modded ST’s. You might find a new idea or 2 there.
Already following it ... I Saw that you posted it on the FB Explorer ST Owners thread. Jumped on it immediately and looked through a lot of great pics in there. Awesome stuff!

@UNBROKEN you are definitely an OG - ST Influencer, my man! I Appreciate and share your passion brother...Thank you!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I can’t claim that title at all. This is my first Explorer ever...just bought it at the end of May. lol
I’ve built a ton of custom trucks...it’s the same game just a new platform.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
I can’t claim that title at all. This is my first Explorer ever...just bought it at the end of May. lol
I’ve built a ton of custom trucks...it’s the same game just a new platform.
I think a great car/truck builder/enthusiast always has an idea of what their project is going to look like before they even buy the vehicle. Like a vision I love doing this stuff. You always get burned on resale but it’s the passion!! Kudos to everybody on this forum and their ideas!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
That’s me...I can see it completed before I even start.

OP
Nick P
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
I think a great car/truck builder/enthusiast always has an idea of what their project is going to look like before they even buy the vehicle. Like a vision I love doing this stuff. You always get burned on resale but it’s the passion!! Kudos to everybody on this forum and their ideas!

% !! I see it in stages. After the first round of Upgrades, gonna do custom rims and then Tune.... after I enjoy the truck and all the I just dropped . Then maybe HPFP and God willing CAI, performance throttle body and whatever the hell else becomes available for this Beast!!

Don't want to/Can't do EVERYTHING all at once!

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
% !! I see it in stages. After the first round of Upgrades, gonna do custom rims and then Tune.... after I enjoy the truck and all the I just dropped . Then maybe HPFP and God willing CAI, performance throttle body and whatever the hell else becomes available for this Beast!!

Don't want to/Can't do EVERYTHING all at once!

Agreed. I’m not tuning until this Texas weather calms the F down.

OP
Nick P
Reactions
Thread Starter #16
Agreed. I’m not tuning until this Texas weather calm the F down.

Plus.... My wife will F'ing kill me if I spend another Dollar

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Plus.... My wife will F'ing kill me if I spend another Dollar

Lmao it’s not even mine.... it’s hers!!!

Reactions
@NYKn1ght Nice man!! Another local NNJ guy! I live in Hillsdale... my gym, Impact Zone is in Norwood.

I'm getting the work done at:

https://www.prestigeautobodynj.com/services

Tommy the Greek is the man! Been doing it 30 years and just gets it. He's the kind of guy that won't let it leave the shop unless it looks perfect and just has an eye for it.

Prices are amazingly competitive as well... I was quoted $11,500 by Eurotech Motorsports in Mahwah and illmatic Wraps in Hackensack quoted me $9,200.

DM and I'll give you his contact info.

Appreciate it. It is always good to have options. I'll DM you.

Reactions

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

OP
Nick P
Reactions
Thread Starter #20
Addition to Performance Mods Ordered:

Steeda Explorer Adjustable Rear Sway Bar (2020)

I'm not a big track guy... like the open road and cornering hard. 1st Day driving back from the dealership on the highway, I decelerated into that long sweeping right turn on 287 approaching the Tappan Zee Bridge from the NY side at 85mph...hit it hard on the exit and she rolled like a pig. H&R's will definitely help but this will mod will kick ass!

Last edited: