Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Nice example of painted trim

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
First black one that I've seen with the painted trims, looks absolutely amazing.
Agreed! This looks amazing! This is what I'm shooting for on mine. Glad to see an example before I go down that road :LOL:

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
Reactions
That looks great!

Are those functional hood vents? If so, how much of a difference do you notice in engine compartment temperatures? What did it do to the structural integrity of the hood?
Functional....yes . I can see a ton of heat waves coming out through them but under hood temps are still pretty high since I live in a desert climate . As far as the structural integrity goes , the hood is still solid as a rock since most of the vents are cut through the outer skin only .

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hey Guys,

First time posting but I've been lurking around the forum since purchasing my Explorer ST a year and a bit ago. I've never been a fan of plastic trim on vehicles due to past experience with faded looking plastics. Finally got around to having all the trim painted to match and overall very happy with the way it turned out.
Absolutely beautiful!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Dam they all look pretty sweet !! Funny the only color I didnt really like was tthe dark grey which is what I have !