Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New to the Forum and frustrated with FORD

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
I've ordered a 2023 Explorer Platinum on 4/15/23. On 5-18 I rec'd a production date for the week of 7/17. Last update of the process was 7/25 on the FOCO vehicle tracker. At that time it only said "VEHICLE IN PRODUCTON". Since that time I've heard nothing except for crickets. About 7-25 on a weekly call to the dealer they said they got notification it was on PLANT QUALITY HOLD at site 380. On 7/29 I get the email from FOMOCO telling me how sorry they are with the current Supply Chain Issue and they would communicate with me every 45 days. No answers from my dealer. I'm guessing it is at the race track awaiting the camera.
I would be slightly happier if FORD would send us an email telling us what each of our vehicles are being held for, and then when they expect a FIX. This 4Q rumor is unsatisfactory at best. Am I to believe the 2024's could go into production without the 360 degree camera system? Just asking ?????????

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I've ordered a 2023 Explorer Platinum on 4/15/23. On 5-18 I rec'd a production date for the week of 7/17. Last update of the process was 7/25 on the FOCO vehicle tracker. At that time it only said "VEHICLE IN PRODUCTON". Since that time I've heard nothing except for crickets. About 7-25 on a weekly call to the dealer they said they got notification it was on PLANT QUALITY HOLD at site 380. On 7/29 I get the email from FOMOCO telling me how sorry they are with the current Supply Chain Issue and they would communicate with me every 45 days. No answers from my dealer. I'm guessing it is at the race track awaiting the camera.
I would be slightly happier if FORD would send us an email telling us what each of our vehicles are being held for, and then when they expect a FIX. This 4Q rumor is unsatisfactory at best. Am I to believe the 2024's could go into production without the 360 degree camera system? Just asking ?????????
Welcome to the forum. The Ford delays really suck.

OP
A

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
Thread Starter #3
Thank you for your service. I was a senior in high school in 68. Pulled a bad number and got drafted. 18 mo in south west Asia. Got out in 74. I'm giving up a 21 F150 Platinum for the Explorer. That is if I ever get the Explorer.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thank you for your service. I was a senior in high school in 68. Pulled a bad number and got drafted. 18 mo in south west Asia. Got out in 74. I'm giving up a 21 F150 Platinum for the Explorer. That is if I ever get the Explorer.
Thanks for your service. Hope you get your Explorer soon.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Welcome to the forum. I hope you get some resolution to your Explorer sooner verse later.

Newshades62

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer Platinum Jewell Red
We are also waiting on a new Explorer, also a Platinum. Didn't make a special order but it was placed 4/08 and in production 7/29. The window sticker does NOT have the 360 camera and no credit for the deletion. Please post when you hear something or the Crickets deliver.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Welcome.
The car is a blast to drive once some mods are done!
The only drawback is dealing with Ford.
They seem to cover nothing with factory defects and believe me the fitment on interior parts leave a lot to be desired.

OP
A

Agitator

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Platinum Explorer
Thread Starter #8
We are also waiting on a new Explorer, also a Platinum. Didn't make a special order but it was placed 4/08 and in production 7/29. The window sticker does NOT have the 360 camera and no credit for the deletion. Please post when you hear something or the Crickets deliver.
ARC...Mine was built on 7/19. The window sticker on mine does note 360 degree camera. Just an FYI