Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New SYNC Update 23188

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Well, I'm not sure if it was because of my chat with Ford earlier, but the Ford site now shows 23188 as my available update. Looks like the .zip file is right now when I download it.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Well, I'm not sure if it was because of my chat with Ford earlier, but the Ford site now shows 23188 as my available update. Looks like the .zip file is right now when I download it.
Same, downloading now. Will give the ota update a chance overnight, if nothing in the morning. Will pop in the usb drive. I chatted earlier as well. Maybe it's a large scale issue or perhaps it just took some time for their website to reflect the new update.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Same, downloading now. Will give the ota update a chance overnight, if nothing in the morning. Will pop in the usb drive. I chatted earlier as well. Maybe it's a large scale issue or perhaps it just took some time for their website to reflect the new update.
I just did it by USB and everything seems fine except the log file still won't upload to the ford site properly.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I just did it by USB and everything seems fine except the log file still won't upload to the ford site properly.
Oh go figure. Definitely sounds like an issue on fords end. I would do it now but I’ll spare my wife and kids the loud start up at 11pm lol

jmcneil

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Mine popped up today in the Ford Portal. Hoping this cures all the issues I have had with my sync and lack of holding defaults.

Reactions
I installed with USB, WiFi didn't find the update. It's been two days and working great.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Installed this morning via USB. Updated. Fordpass working again. No annoying bugs so far. Awesome that ford fixed the website and pushed it to everyone.

hbalek

Reactions
Installed this morning via USB. Updated. Fordpass working again. No annoying bugs so far. Awesome that ford fixed the website and pushed it to everyone.
I'm a 40 year Ford fanboy but I'll still admit that this fix should not have taken almost half a year. Many started having symptoms back in March or April. Also, I've read about many people having to pay for a new APIM out of pocket after the warranty expired. They should all be reimbursed. This was all the fault of the software update and some paid a diagnostic fee, ESP deductible or even over $1000 to fix this. The dealers were either in the dark about the cause or they milked it for their own gain.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I know one member who called the Ford customer support line and did get their diagnosis fee credited.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
website finally updated to newest version for me. USB install and "proof" log uploaded. first time the site worked for me.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
website finally updated to newest version for me. USB install and "proof" log uploaded. first time the site worked for me.
Same here. Finally everything reflects correctly for me.

hbalek

Reactions
Stupid question:

How do I know what version is currently installed on my Explorer?
Stupid question:

How do I know what version is currently installed on my Explorer?
Settings>Connectivity>About Sync.

dsbeck

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer
Can someone please detail the process to do this update?

I've got 22251, and half my nav screen is blank, and would REALLY like to resolve this issue. Does anyone know if this update will solve the half nav screen?

Thanks,

hbalek

Reactions
Can someone please detail the process to do this update?

I've got 22251, and half my nav screen is blank, and would REALLY like to resolve this issue. Does anyone know if this update will solve the half nav screen?

Thanks,
It will solve the map half screen problem and all the others complained about here for months. Just download it on the ford owner website. Mine took under an hour to download and install using a USB drive. Wifi will usually take longer.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
It will solve the map half screen problem and all the others complained about here for months. Just download it on the ford owner website. Mine took under an hour to download and install using a USB drive. Wifi will usually take longer.
Maybe I'm just not tech savvy enough but I bought a brand new 64G flash drive, formatted it to exFAT as the directions said. I downloaded a 1.8gb file, plugged it in my car and a banner said it was detected, and then I waited and waited and waited with the motor running and NOTHING. Still forgets the preset pages, still a half map. What should I do now?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Maybe I'm just not tech savvy enough but I bought a brand new 64G flash drive, formatted it to exFAT as the directions said. I downloaded a 1.8gb file, plugged it in my car and a banner said it was detected, and then I waited and waited and waited with the motor running and NOTHING. Still forgets the preset pages, still a half map. What should I do now?
The download is a zip file. You extract that to USB.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
As soon as you put the usb into the car, it should immediately say updating or something at the top. how many files do you have on your usb? Should be 3 i believe.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
As soon as you put the usb into the car, it should immediately say updating or something at the top. how many files do you have on your usb? Should be 3 i believe.
It showed 3 I believe. It said something like updat detected, indexing complete and then nothing

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I’m thinking that’s where the issue is.
I THINK I did that. "Drive F" as it was called said that it had 1.8gb on it.