Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New owner! but tranny problems at 2500 miles!

MattS2020

Reactions
We love our new ST but just after 2500 miles we brought it back with transmission issues. Transmission will jolt hard mainly upon deceleration. seems to get worse as it warms up. Our ST is still in the shop (one week now) and we have heard nothing from our dealer yet. I hope this is not a presentation of things to come. Before the issue we thought it was the best vehicle we have had in a long time. Anyone else having issues??

OP
M

MattS2020

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Got word yesterday that our Transmission will be replaced (rig has been in the shop going on 3 weeks already). Only bad part of that deal is that the new one is backordered so we have no idea when we will have our ST back!! Glad I pushed to get a loner vehicle!

OP
M

MattS2020

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Got the new tranny now and all is back to normal. I told the ford guys thank you for their dedication and service but I certainly do not want to see them in another 2500 miles with the same issue. We are all in good standing, I do not put any blame on Ray Schulten's Ford, they have always been there for me. That is why I always go back. Ford needs to get their shit together. The ST is a game changer and they need to ensure they do not blow it. Looking forward to the ST driving school in June! If you own an ST, be sure to take advantage of this awesome experience!!!

Reactions
Got the new tranny now and all is back to normal. I told the ford guys thank you for their dedication and service but I certainly do not want to see them in another 2500 miles with the same issue. We are all in good standing, I do not put any blame on Ray Schulten's Ford, they have always been there for me. That is why I always go back. Ford needs to get their shit together. The ST is a game changer and they need to ensure they do not blow it. Looking forward to the ST driving school in June! If you own an ST, be sure to take advantage of this awesome experience!!!

Glad to hear this

Explorer ST Posts