Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Member, Owned my ST for over 4 months...and done a lot of mods so far

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Welcome. sounds like you've got a lot to add! Look forward to learning from you. I've never done anything to a vehicle I've owned but seems like there's a lot I can do to this.

Any way to disable or quiet down the double horn honk if you walk more than 6 inches away from the truck with the key in your pocket? That drives me nuts when I have it running, then need to get out and grab something. I feel bad for my neighbors when I do it early morning...it's a pretty obnoxious warning.

Steveo6907

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
been looking into the stage 5 turbo upgrade. If and when you do the upgrade, can u send feed back?

ShawnaBee

Active Duty U.S. Army
Reactions
Hey, My name is Aleks and Im new here. I traded in my 2018 Escape SE back in November 2020 for a brand new 2021 Explorer ST in Star White and I couldn't be happier. Since purchasing my new ST, Ive installed quite a number of new mods and still have a lot to go...
Mods I have installed/tweaks Ive done so far.
-LED plate lights, rear signals, and reverse lights.
-Greddy FV Black BOV.
-Custom Cat-Back exhaust.
-SPD Performance Downpipes.
-Whipple Intercooler.
-SCT/Bully Dog BDX Tuned for 87 Daily, 91 Daily, 93 Performance.
Software Mods/Tweaks
-Bambi Mode.
-Secure Idle.
-Changed the lane change signal from 3 to 5.
-Changed my Steering wheel temp by 2 degrees(it makes a really big difference in the mornings lol).
-Changed Seat belt warnings for front seats.
-Tweaked some much needed issues with the digital cluster.
Upcoming Changes
-Waiting on parts for Stage 3 Turbo Upgrade (hopefully by next week)
-Fixing the dreaded exhaust rattle that Ive been fighting the last month.
-Tinting sides of tail lights.

If anyone's interested I have some forscan codes that I discovered while going through all the modules.

Im glad to be here...I didn't even know this place existed...this is pretty cool. :D
Since I’m an extremely new ST owner, I’ll have to look up everything you just said above, as it is foreign language to me, but I’m excited to learn…Forscan codes sounds naughty but I’d like some of those suggestions
Since you seem to know your stuff, what can I do to make my 2021 Explorer ST ready for camping? Any off-road upgrades you’d recommend? Any handy camping features? I love that my ST is a beast on the road, and sleek, but I also want it to look sporty, like cool racks and whatnot, any suggestions? Thanks!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Is there a way to get the Sport Mode background while staying in Normal drive mode? That would be great. The normal background blinds me at night even when dimmed all the way, plus doesn’t look as cool.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Welcome and congrats!

I'm 10th on the gauge tweaks...?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
How did you Install that Greddy Fv BoV?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Welcome to the board! Congrats on the ST!!! You will see there are alot of people with alot of knowledge on here. Just know to check out the search engine uptop.. Alot of the same questions will get asked all the time n som e guys get annoyed ! But welcome again, and you posted about the forscan info, everyone's gonna want it . That included me I new with forscan and I'm completely lost , so if u can send me any help that would be great , thanks man