Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Member, Owned my ST for over 4 months...and done a lot of mods so far

Askarrel

911 Dispatcher
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Hey, My name is Aleks and Im new here. I traded in my 2018 Escape SE back in November 2020 for a brand new 2021 Explorer ST in Star White and I couldn't be happier. Since purchasing my new ST, Ive installed quite a number of new mods and still have a lot to go...
Mods I have installed/tweaks Ive done so far.
-LED plate lights, rear signals, and reverse lights.
-Greddy FV Black BOV.
-Custom Cat-Back exhaust.
-SPD Performance Downpipes.
-Whipple Intercooler.
-SCT/Bully Dog BDX Tuned for 87 Daily, 91 Daily, 93 Performance.
Software Mods/Tweaks
-Bambi Mode.
-Secure Idle.
-Changed the lane change signal from 3 to 5.
-Changed my Steering wheel temp by 2 degrees(it makes a really big difference in the mornings lol).
-Changed Seat belt warnings for front seats.
-Tweaked some much needed issues with the digital cluster.
Upcoming Changes
-Waiting on parts for Stage 3 Turbo Upgrade (hopefully by next week)
-Fixing the dreaded exhaust rattle that Ive been fighting the last month.
-Tinting sides of tail lights.

If anyone's interested I have some forscan codes that I discovered while going through all the modules.

Im glad to be here...I didn't even know this place existed...this is pretty cool. :D

Reactions
Congrats and welcome. Great mod list, you should start a build thread.

Bel33

Reactions
Welcome!

Yes.. as OHST said... please share on the build thread.

Lots of us haven't started modding ours yet and we'd like to see what others have done.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Software Mods/Tweaks
-Bambi Mode.
-Secure Idle.
-Changed my Steering wheel temp by 2 degrees(it makes a really big difference in the mornings lol).
Welcome! Sounds like a cool build. What were the tweaks to the digital cluster? And can you share the Forscan codes for what you did?

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Welcome , you sound like a journeyman ST mod guy.

Again welcome from West KY.

[welcome]

Jim

OP
A

Askarrel

911 Dispatcher
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Welcome! Sounds like a cool build. What were the tweaks to the digital cluster? And can you share the Forscan codes for what you did?
I have a whole text file on all the module codes....i have to compile them but im more than happy to help you out. With the digital cluster, i fixed issues with the eco coach feature and some of the laggy issues ive had but changing the animation scaling in the module setting

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome

Reactions
I have a whole text file on all the module codes....i have to compile them but im more than happy to help you out. With the digital cluster, i fixed issues with the eco coach feature and some of the laggy issues ive had but changing the animation scaling in the module setting
It would be great to know the details on the changes you made. I think changing the number of blinks for the turn signal is something lots of us have been wanting to do for a long time.

Blackssr

Reactions
Hey, My name is Aleks and Im new here. I traded in my 2018 Escape SE back in November 2020 for a brand new 2021 Explorer ST in Star White and I couldn't be happier. Since purchasing my new ST, Ive installed quite a number of new mods and still have a lot to go...
-Greddy FV Black BOV.
-Whipple Intercooler.
Software Mods/Tweaks
-Bambi Mode.
-Secure Idle.
Upcoming Changes

If anyone's interested I have some forscan codes that I discovered while going through all the modules.

Im glad to be here...I didn't even know this place existed...this is pretty cool. :D

And you do not own a camera????? HAHAHAHA.

Did you discover a Forscan code to boot into Sport Mode or to turn off Engine Auto Start/Stop?
Welcome to the forum and upload some photos or it didn't happen! LOL

Mike

Reactions
Bump on the FORScan cheat codes. Am interested to hear what you did to the seatbelt warnings (eliminated or changed tones)?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Why not just eliminate the Seat Belt Tones per handbook instructions? Takes all of 5 minutes to do both front seats.

Reactions
Why not just eliminate the Seat Belt Tones per handbook instructions? Takes all of 5 minutes to do both front seats.
Just doing what is in the manual is the best option for the seatbelt reminders, I leave the drivers enabled but disabled the one for the passenger

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Secure idle is a standard feature

OP
A

Askarrel

911 Dispatcher
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #15
And you do not own a camera????? HAHAHAHA.

Did you discover a Forscan code to boot into Sport Mode or to turn off Engine Auto Start/Stop?
Welcome to the forum and upload some photos or it didn't happen! LOL

Mike
I'm installing a part I bought off of Amazon to remember the last setting for the auto start stop since changing it with forscan creates more issues than its worth, on the other hand, booting into sport mode has never really been a want for me but it is possible.

Reactions
Speeding up or completely skipping the 'drive mode' animations when turning the knob would be amazing. Thats the worst thing about the digital dash. I feel like i need to manually mark which drive mode is where on the selector. Terrible execution there.

Last edited:
Reactions

Do you mean rattling of the flex portion of the exhaust, or something else? Curious to see what you do to resolve it either way. :)

OP
A

Askarrel

911 Dispatcher
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #18
Do you mean rattling of the flex portion of the exhaust, or something else? Curious to see what you do to resolve it either way. :)
Ford decided that the best fix was pipe clamps, but it still rattled like hell on cold starts and cruising...$70000 CAD SUV that sounds terrible when driving normally....so when I put the new exhaust on, I deleted them entirely. No rattling now.

Reactions
Ford decided that the best fix was pipe clamps, but it still rattled like hell on cold starts and cruising...$70000 CAD SUV that sounds terrible when driving normally....so when I put the new exhaust on, I deleted them entirely. No rattling now.
Yeah, I put worm clamps on mine, two actually on the driverside. Does absolutely nothing. Quite annoying.

Reactions
-Greddy FV Black BOV.
-Whipple Intercooler.
Software Mods/Tweaks
-Bambi Mode.
-Secure Idle.
Upcoming Changes

I haven't been able to successfully change the number of turn signals as you did. If you could share the codes and procedure that would be great.

Thanks