Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Member, '22 ST on order!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hey all, just joined the board, ordered a '22 ST 401A about 6 weeks ago! Very excited. Intro page probably isn't the place to ask questions, but perhaps folks can chime in or just point me in the right direction regarding a couple initial questions I have.

1.) What's the latest on order times? I was told approximately 3 months/12 weeks.

2.) Obviously it's dealer dependent, but generally what is the service/reliability experience like? Same treatment as the base EcoSport owner? ST in the shop often? Get a loaner?

I ask the latter because I've been leasing with Lincoln and the ownership experience is OUTSTANDING, but the ST is so sweet and ultimately my Ford dealer is mopping the floor with my Lincoln dealer when it comes to the deal/price. Anyway, my only concern is giving up the Lincoln ownership experience (pickup & delivery with a nice Lincoln loaner always provided), so I'm curious how ST owners/lessees are treated.

Anyway, great to be here!

Last edited:
Reactions
Welcome to the group.
Sign up with FordPass, get all your service there for your cars, then you might get enough points for free pickup/delivery for service for the ST. I use that and love it. Get a Ford ESP plan for better coverage. I will say that at Ford, your competing with a varied customer base, more so than luxury marques. That alone can be big.
We really liked the Aviator, just felt like we weren't old enough for a Lincoln, and that extra $10k was hard to swallow, however I do think the value is there.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome