Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Infinite Blue in SE Texas

Waters

Reactions
Less than a week into our new 2021 Infinite Blue ST. Really enjoying. Pulled it up into the drive and our kiddo went crazy . . .

Couple of newbie questions, as we are used to driving stock cars and driving them through the unlimited tunnel wash till we are done with them.

Ceramic Coatings vs. Wax - seems like there's lots of enthusiasm for ceramics - how do you suss out a good company/installer? They seem to be all around Houston and I don't really know what to look for. . .

Tinting: reading a bunch about 3m Crystalline tint vs ceramic - preferences? I really just want to match the front windows to the stock tint in the rear. Again, finding a good installer? I'm coming out of a Navigator that had front window tinting, listed as AS2 on the glass (privacy?) but no listing of percentages (maybe it was dealer installed?). biggest issue for me right now is the glare in the front is almost giving me a headache . . . though once we hit July, I imagine the Texas temp will start to be an issue too.

These may be basic questions, but we are new to car enthusiasm and I really don't want to mess something up.

Thanks so much! Board is amazing. Smartliners deliver tonight.

Bel33

Reactions
Welcome to the Forum! I'll leave the answers to the more established members... I've had mine for not even two weeks yet.

Reactions
I cant speak to 3m vs. ceramic tint, but I have always run Madico Wincos Ceramic IR film on my cars. Its 99% UV rejection and I think 93% IR rejection. In the ST I put 30% on the front doors and 70%(basically clear) all the rest of the way around. The factory "privacy glass" is just a dye. It has no UV or IR rejection(well maybe MINIMAL).

There are quite a few Houston members on here that can point you to a good tint shop. If you were in Dallas the only place to go it Tritek.

https://madico.com/automotive/window-tint/wincos

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome aboard