Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Gibson axle-back kit in the works

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Exactly my thoughts. I have 3 kids so a loud exhaust isn’t in the cards for me. I wanted something that sounded like how it should have came from the factory and better looking. No one can actually like the stock muffler and tip look.
Yeah that’s me too, except two kids. From everything I have read and listened, especially the former. Everyone seems to be happy and frankly I don’t think I have read anyone knock this exhaust. And that it offers great tone but nothing that loud and no drone. Assuming all of that is true, I’ll be perfectly happy. I got my ST in December and I’ve been debating what to do exhaust wise since then lol

It seems like the install is pretty easy im just scared of cutting incorrectly and screwing it up. Debating having a shop do it.

ST Bun

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Yeah that’s me too, except two kids. From everything I have read and listened, especially the former. Everyone seems to be happy and frankly I don’t think I have read anyone knock this exhaust. And that it offers great tone but nothing that loud and no drone. Assuming all of that is true, I’ll be perfectly happy. I got my ST in December and I’ve been debating what to do exhaust wise since then lol

It seems like the install is pretty easy im just scared of cutting incorrectly and screwing it up. Debating having a shop do it.
Yea I’m definitely having a shop do it. I don’t have the balls to cut anything on my car lol. I just don’t trust myself. Basically all I was looking for is when I floor it there’s a rumble. Instead of sounding like a Prius launching.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yea I’m definitely having a shop do it. I don’t have the balls to cut anything on my car lol. I just don’t trust myself. Basically all I was looking for is when I floor it there’s a rumble. Instead of sounding like a Prius launching.
Yeah I think I may start calling some shops to see what they would charge. If it’s not too expensive, must just be worth the peace of mind.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Order placed here as well, $389.11 - what a deal!

ST Bun

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Now let’s see who gets it on first lol

Reactions
They say delivery will be between 4/26-28 for my order.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
They say delivery will be between 4/26-28 for my order.
Same, looks like it'll be shipped out soon (4/20/2022 - 4/22/2022). If I get it on or before the 28th I'll definitely be going to my exhaust shop to get it put in on the 29th.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Mine says possibly shipping as early as today. Once it ships and I get tracking from fedex, I’ll call shops.

I know it varies by location, but any idea what to expect cost wise for a shop to do this? It seems like people in their driveways do it in less than an hour. An experienced shop I would imagine could have it done one 30 min or less. Hell I just need them to cut so I don’t screw it up. I can put it on lol

OP
jrgoffin
Reactions
Thread Starter #149
Cutting a section of exhaust pipe is nothing. The instructions show clearly where to make the cut(s), and a reciprocating saw will go through it in just a few seconds. It took way longer to get the mufflers set in and aligned than it did to cut.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Updating this again since I had my factory resonator welded back in this afternoon. What a difference - sounds absolutely amazing. With the H-pipe, it was just way too loud - almost straight-pipe loud, but it's perfect now. The rumble is noticeable, but nowhere near close to obnoxious. No drone at all, just completely mellow when cruising on the freeway. For the $$$, this really is a kit that can't be beat.
Thank god I held off on removing the resonator, I was going to just remove the resonator and keep the stock mufflers.

Can't wait to get this one put on my ST! Hopefully next week on Friday if I get it before then.

Chaseg08

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Hell of a deal. Just ordered mine with stainless tips.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Still waiting to ship here. Anyone else have theirs ship yet?

Reactions
Still waiting to ship here. Anyone else have theirs ship yet?
Just checked and :
    • Gibson Exhaust Systems
    • Vehicle2021 Ford Explorer
    • SubmodelST
    • AutoAnything SKU8271186
    • Part Number619718B

• This item has been placed on order with the manufacturer and will ship via FedEx Home Delivery. Estimated Shipping Date: 5/12/2022

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just checked and :
    • Gibson Exhaust Systems
    • Vehicle2021 Ford Explorer
    • SubmodelST
    • AutoAnything SKU8271186
    • Part Number619718B

• This item has been placed on order with the manufacturer and will ship via FedEx Home Delivery. Estimated Shipping Date: 5/12/2022
Yeah I got an email this evening stating it was delayed and will not ship until 5/12.

ST Bun

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Yeah I got an email this evening stating it was delayed and will not ship until 5/12.
So far mine says on time by the 25th. Was picked up on the 19th in California.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Today is the last day listed on my order that it would be shipped out, still hopeful that it is going to be shipped by today.

UPDATE

Shipping has changed to 05/05

Last edited:

Chaseg08

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Ordered mine on Thursday and it says shipped. Fedex tracking shows delivery this Monday.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Ordered mine on Thursday and it says shipped. Fedex tracking shows delivery this Monday.
damn what the hell. I ordered the 17th and still not shipped. Where you having it delivered?

Chaseg08

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
damn what the hell. I ordered the 17th and still not shipped. Where you having it delivered?
Delivering to Golden, CO. I did order stainless tips. Did you order black? It may be that most people are ordering black, creating an inventory issue.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Delivering to Golden, CO. I did order stainless tips. Did you order black? It may be that most people are ordering black, creating an inventory issue.
Good point. I did order black.