Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New from Orange County

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hi everyone, new member from Rancho Santa Margarita, CA. We got our ST back in mid November and I've been lurking here for a little bit. It's an Atlas Blue 2020. Base, pano roof, and PTP. Getting the base was intentional as I didn't want bigger than 20" wheels and figured someone would come out with a nice multi-piston brake upgrade (as Racing Brake has). Got this as the family truckster to replace our 2018 Mercedes GLE350.

So far its been great. Yes, there have been a few rattles the dealer has fixed and one shorted parking sensor was throwing a bunch of codes. But otherwise it's a blast to drive for an affordable performance SUV. Lurking here helped me pick new bulbs to replace the factory incandescent reverse and plate lamps, showed me BumperPlugs to get rid of the front plate, and saved me time removing the hood letters with a rubber wheel instead of sweat, elbow grease, and Goo Gone. I will be doing the usual performance stuff using the knowledge from here; exhaust, catch can, BOV, Whipple IC, FenFab DPs, Racing Brake upgrades, lowering springs, tune. Excited to see the finished FenFab intake/charge pipes and the K&N intake.

Mods so far:
20x9.5 gloss black RTR Tech 5 wheels, 285/50 Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus II tires, Chasing JS titanium lug nuts. Love the fat sidewalls (overall a little taller than factory set-up) and +33 offset. Plus, even with the tires being fairly heavy, this set-up is over 9.5lbs lighter per corner.

I've been a Ford and Mercedes guy for years (previous cars are 98 Mustang GT, 03 Mustang GT, 03 Cobra, 04 Mercedes E55 AMG, 13 Boss 302) and current have a 2015 Mercedes E63S AMG. I appreciate performance car forums that are active and helpful, and this one definitely is. Thank you to all the members posting pics and experiences and reviews here to help the new owners get the most out of their trucks.
NOTE: hood letters were removed after I took these pics. Cant believe I even left the lot with those letter still stuck there.

Attachments

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats and welcome aboard

OHST

Reactions
Congrats

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement