Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Driveshaft Related Recall

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Surprised it's such a small number. I wonder if they know which cars are affected or if they need to inspect the cars. I still haven't received anything on the rear camera.

Reactions
Got the letter from Ford
Dealer ordered new driveshaft for our 2020 st
Going to install it on the 4th

Reactions
My check engine alarm went off yesterday. Says it's drive train related.

Taz

Reactions
Mine was checked for this last oil change. They said it was a seam weld in the drive shaft that wasn't fully welded. Mine came back good and my build date is 8/19.

OP
W
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Mine was just checked out today (1/20). No issue found with the weld. Manufacture date on my ST 09/2019

Reactions
Dealer had mine this weekend. No problem found. Manufacture date was 09/2019 also. They did find Reverse brake assist unavailable. Reprogrammed. No idea this was even a problem. Mechanic said it was a known problem. Did have them upgrade sync from 2.23 to 3.30. Some nice differences. Worth losing all my presets and info saved on my navigation favorites. Also had to reconfirm on the app on the phone. All in all a good experience. Even got a loaner car,