Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New California Owner!!

OP
D

Diesel63

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #21
I am pretty busy on Sunday, but I might be able to free up sometime. I am free most of the day on Saturday.

I plan on installing the lowering springs myself when they come in.

@Rocketw19, did you install the steeda Springs? If so, why did you change to the lethal springs?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I never installed the steeda springs I was looking around for installer then heard lethal was making lower lowering springs so I just waited. I had the steedas brand new in box guy wanted them and then he backed out so o still have them. There is a thread with the spring heights and they all seem to be so close to the same. I should have installed steedas long ago lol.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I'd be available Saturday afternoon around 530. My son is an up in coming photographer and would like to do a mini photo shoot if you gentlemen would be interested as well. Check out his Instagram

https://instagram.com/somephotographerkid

OP
D

Diesel63

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #24
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
It’s 6:46 just got back from my moms sorry guys. Had to help her be ready for power outages ect.
I don’t get alerts here so best to text or call me
But I’m open for anything Sunday also

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Atlas Blue Explorer ST
Hello all! New member here also! I'm in Sacramento, specifically in north natomas.

Got the Thermal R&D 3" Catback going on tomorrow as well as the FP tune on a '21 ST in Atlas Blue.

Intercooler is going on next after the warranty expires!

If that meet ever happens let me know!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Hello all! New member here also! I'm in Sacramento, specifically in north natomas.

Got the Thermal R&D 3" Catback going on tomorrow as well as the FP tune on a '21 ST in Atlas Blue.

Welcome, I think we are gonna figure it out after rain stops.

Reactions
Vehicle
Cool thanks!

Question for the Sacramento locals, have any of you had a shop quote you a price for the intercooler install? If you have a shop that will do it for $500 or less, let me know. $500 is about my limit in terms of saving the time to take it in vs doing it myself for 4 hrs.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

Welcome to the forum.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Cool thanks!

Question for the Sacramento locals, have any of you had a shop quote you a price for the intercooler install? If you have a shop that will do it for $500 or less, let me know. $500 is about my limit in terms of saving the time to take it in vs doing it myself for 4 hrs.
I have not searched yet. I think @mycbtech did the install himself. Slowly all the shops I have used are moving out of state. AED used to be my goto shop they are straight up race car guys but Drew always worked on my junk. He is in Boise now.
This is my daily driver I still dont know what I will do to it. I tend to get carried away after I start to mod. I had 35-40K into my trackhawk before I even drove it enough to figure out I didnt even like it, lol. But if you find a shop let us know. But ill take a guess, no shop around here installs that for 500 or less. I paid $1100 for lowering springs/alignment.

Reactions
Vehicle
I have not searched yet. I think @mycbtech did the install himself. Slowly all the shops I have used are moving out of state. AED used to be my goto shop they are straight up race car guys but Drew always worked on my junk. He is in Boise now.
This is my daily driver I still dont know what I will do to it. I tend to get carried away after I start to mod. I had 35-40K into my trackhawk before I even drove it enough to figure out I didnt even like it, lol. But if you find a shop let us know. But ill take a guess, no shop around here installs that for 500 or less. I paid $1100 for lowering springs/alignment.
HA! I remember AED. I also used to go to Keith at ForceFed a long time ago with my '03 cobra and IIRC, they had some sort of "feud" back then.

Anyhow, looks like I have to convince the wife to deal with the kids for 4 hours on a Saturday. Haha

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I just moved here from San Jose right about the time force fed went under. I live 10 min from their old shop.
Good luck on that install.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST

Welcome to the ST forum

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Cool thanks!

I never asked for a quote since I instlled the intercooler myself, but I work with one of the owners of this shop and they do good work and they do some custom/performance work too. It could be worth it to give them a call and ask: https://goo.gl/maps/UHqqcmyzohp512PG8

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
yeah I did my own and generally do my own stunts. The intercooler wasnt really hard at all tbh and was off and back on within about 3 hours. Im always in for a shop day if you wanted/needed help doing the install. im in orangevale myself.

and yeah - we were looking to get together after the rain chilled out so maybe sometime at the end of this week?

Reactions
Vehicle
yeah I did my own and generally do my own stunts. The intercooler wasnt really hard at all tbh and was off and back on within about 3 hours. Im always in for a shop day if you wanted/needed help doing the install. im in orangevale myself.

and yeah - we were looking to get together after the rain chilled out so maybe sometime at the end of this week?
Thanks for the offer! Let me work out some logistics with the kids.

Also, I wish I could be free end of this week but taking the kids to Disneyland. So won't be back until next week. :(

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thanks for the offer! Let me work out some logistics with the kids.

Also, I wish I could be free end of this week but taking the kids to Disneyland. So won't be back until next week. :(
nothing in stone yet so no worries.

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
welcome - I'm in Folsom, just got our '23 on March 1st