Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New California Owner!!

Diesel63

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hello from Northern California,

Just purchased a 2022 ST yesterday found it at a local dealer after doing days of research. got luck that it was in stock and had every options, I already have lowering springs on order and I am planning a lot of other upgrades.

Any advice and suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome aboard!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Welcome from South Sacramento!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST

Just purchased a 2022 ST yesterday found it at a local dealer after doing days or research. got luck that it was in stock and had every options, I already have lowering springs on order and I am planning a lot of other upgrades.

Welcome to the forum

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Congrats and welcome! Modding is so specific to individual taste, can find all the information here for sure.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST

Just purchased a 2022 ST yesterday found it at a local dealer after doing days or research. got luck that it was in stock and had every options, I already have lowering springs on order and I am planning a lot of other upgrades.

Hey Welcome from Orangevale :) there is another forum member that lives in Roseville as well @Rocketw19

what dealer did you end up picking up your ST? Im happy to connect with you if you'd like to see what I have as far as mods are concerned.

Last edited:
OP
D

Diesel63

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
Hey Welcome from Orangevale :) there is another forum member that lives in Roseville as well @Rocketw19

what dealer did you end up picking up your ST? Im happy to connect with you if you'd like to see what I have as far as mods are concerned.

Awesome! I will definitely take you up on that offer.

I was originally working with Future Ford in Roseville, but they were struggling to find or transfer me anything. I then found this one at Napa Ford, I am lucky enough to be a Ford X-Plan member and they were willing to honor that plus give me an additional 1k off including the current incentives.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I was going to take advantage of the Ford X plan but Folsom Lake Ford messed up on their website for an exact model at 1k below MSRP so they honored that pricing and ended up getting pretty close to X plan pricing in the end.

once you hear the Thermal Exhaust in person you will want the same for your ride - it sounds so good in person. Also can show you how to get some parts tax free which was nice.

OP
D

Diesel63

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
I was going to take advantage of the Ford X plan but Folsom Lake Ford messed up on their website for an exact model at 1k below MSRP so they honored that pricing and ended up getting pretty close to X plan pricing in the end.

once you hear the Thermal Exhaust in person you will want the same for your ride - it sounds so good in person. Also can show you how to get some parts tax free which was nice.
I would love to hear the 3" exhaust. This is something that I am looking at as well.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I would love to hear the 3" exhaust. This is something that I am looking at as well.
here is a video I took of the exhaust at idle but it doesnt do it justic.

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Welcome from a former NorCal resident (Benicia).

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

Welcome and enjoy your ST.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Awesome! I will definitely take you up on that offer.

I was originally working with Future Ford in Roseville, but they were struggling to find or transfer me anything. I then found this one at Napa Ford, I am lucky enough to be a Ford X-Plan member and they were willing to honor that plus give me an additional 1k off including the current incentives.
Im in Roseville also. We def need to get together with mycbtech he has done a lot of the mods everyone does.

What color is yours I see a few around here but mostly ladys driving them lol. I did see that cool red color at the gym yesterday. I have the carbonized grey lowered on lethal springs.
What are your plans?

OP
D

Diesel63

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #15
Im in Roseville also. We def need to get together with mycbtech he has done a lot of the mods everyone does.

What color is yours I see a few around here but mostly ladys driving them lol. I did see that cool red color at the gym yesterday. I have the carbonized grey lowered on lethal springs.
What are your plans?

It's black, I would say it is my car but it is really the wife's. She was on board with getting the ST over any of the other models, she is on board with mods.

It would be great to get together with @mycbtech.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
im down to have a mini meet that would be cool.

also looks like all 3 of us need to install the lowering springs. I have been trying to convince my buddy to let me bring it to his shop to install mine but they changed the rules to where only he could work on cars on the lift so now its more me trying to nail him down to do it lol! Looks like it can be done in the driveway I just need to stop being lazy.

oh. i need to update my mod list. I have the steeda rear sway and strut bar.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
im down to have a mini meet that would be cool.

also looks like all 3 of us need to install the lowering springs. I have been trying to convince my buddy to let me bring it to his shop to install mine but they changed the rules to where only he could work on cars on the lift so now its more me trying to nail him down to do it lol! Looks like it can be done in the driveway I just need to stop being lazy.

oh. i need to update my mod list. I have the steeda rear sway and strut bar.
Im good any weekend to meet up. I did finally get my springs installed. I had to pay I have no patience or mechanical skill. I went with lethal springs and just kept the Steeda springs in box.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Im good any weekend to meet up. I did finally get my springs installed. I had to pay I have no patience or mechanical skill. I went with lethal springs and just kept the Steeda springs in box.
i might be around on sunday. im really curious to see how the lethal springs look in person. what did you end up spending on the install?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I just took this now lol it’s filthy dirty
I spent just over $1000 with alignment. I couldn’t find anyone to do it cheaper and some were 1500 and more. I went to Clark frame and alignment so I know it’s right at least
I still have steeda springs in box bran new if you know anyone that wants springs
I’m not doing anything this weekend if you wanna meet up sometime ? I am a late sleeper thought I wake up 10:30-11:00am on weekends

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Oh that looks gooood. eek though, I think i might just have to attempt myself at home as im too cheap for that kinda money! im a later sleeper myself so thats perfect lol! @Diesel63 you available this weekend?

Explorer ST Posts