Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Navigation

RVST21

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Has anyone experienced a red circle on the map screen with GPS letters inside the circle? This happened a few weeks ago and I went thru the settings and it disappeared, It has returned as of today and I was not able to make it go away like the first time?

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
Can you take a picture and post it please.

OP
R

RVST21

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
So, I went out to take the pic and it is not there???????
Weird stuff,
I will post a pic as soon as it reoccurs.

OP
R

RVST21

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
I failed to mention also the circle with GPS letters in it had a slash thru it.

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
Do you have your home address saved under favorites in the navigation list?

hbalek

Reactions
This happened to me once last summer and I had to do a factory reset to get the GPS to return. Until I did that the FordPass and Navigation didn't work.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I failed to mention also the circle with GPS letters in it had a slash thru it.
It sounds like you lost the GPS signal.

Taz

Reactions
My GPS went out and displayed the same symbol. Actually, my whole audio, Nav, Bluetooth and map screen was out. It's been to service 3 times since October for this, but the first symptom was the GPS going out. It was fixed twice but never lasted more than a few weeks. I kept noticing that it always seemed to go out after a heavy rain. I just had the car in Monday and Thursday for this and it turns out there was a good bit of water in the right rear quarter panel and the ACM was soaked. I was told there is a grommet that is notorious for leaking in the Explorers. The ACM and modem were replaced and the leak was supposedly sealed. I'm guessing the leak is at the antenna and water runs down the wire.

hbalek

Reactions
My GPS went out and displayed the same symbol. Actually, my whole audio, Nav, Bluetooth and map screen was out. It's been to service 3 times since October for this, but the first symptom was the GPS going out. It was fixed twice but never lasted more than a few weeks. I kept noticing that it always seemed to go out after a heavy rain. I just had the car in Monday and Thursday for this and it turns out there was a good bit of water in the right rear quarter panel and the ACM was soaked. I was told there is a grommet that is notorious for leaking in the Explorers. The ACM and modem were replaced and the leak was supposedly sealed. I'm guessing the leak is at the antenna and water runs down the wire.
This would explain a lot because I've noticed that the back-up camera problems were worse during rainy and wet days. Hmmm... Or it could've been a coincidence.

OP
R

RVST21

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
Do you have your home address saved under favorites in the navigation list?
Yes

OP
R

RVST21

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #11
I will post a pic of this when it happens again, It seems to be random. It has happened a couple of times. The wet scenario might have some merit I will have to pay closer attention to that.

OP
R

RVST21

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #12
Thank you all for the insight.