Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Name ONE ST Feature others might not know.....

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
We took my wife's ST on a 2k mile road trip (saved a ton versus flying).

One thing I learned that took me by surprise... driver side mirror auto dims. But, I noticed it's only the driver's side. The passenger side looks like it's a standard mirror.

hbalek

Reactions
We took my wife's ST on a 2k mile road trip (saved a ton versus flying).

One thing I learned that took me by surprise... driver side mirror auto dims. But, I noticed it's only the driver's side. The passenger side looks like it's a standard mirror.
That's how my last 2 Lincolns were also. The right side is a wide angle mirror anyway so headlights are not as large and bright in that view. The rear-view mirror also auto dims.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #303
This is by far my favorite thread on this site. Still learning new things about the ST, even after 3 yrs!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
For those who didn't know about shifting gears in D mode (not M mode) using paddle shifters.
Screenshot_2023-09-21-07-45-17-38_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.jpg

This also displays the gear after shifting for a short while, on the driver display screen. And it has been wrongly interpreted by many, as way to display current gear, by pulling on the either of the paddle shifter. Where as, it will actually shift a gear depending on the paddle you are pulling.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thanks to all who shared information in this thread. It has been very informative.

jdmac27

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I noticed yesterday that the windshield wipers park when turned off. They sit slightly above the bottom of the window when in intermittent, but will drop down to the bottom when you switch off or the rain sensing stops sensing. I haven't seen wipers park since our 72 cougar!

hbalek

Reactions
I noticed yesterday that the windshield wipers park when turned off. They sit slightly above the bottom of the window when in intermittent, but will drop down to the bottom when you switch off or the rain sensing stops sensing. I haven't seen wipers park since our 72 cougar!
Yeah I've noticed that a few years. In a few weeks, 4 years of ST ownership.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
one thing i finally found. there is a button on the dash near the emergency lights that activates the front camera so you can pull the nose up to something and not hit it.
Do you know what this button is or looks like? I've searched all day and couldn't find it? Thanks.

Xalm

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
There's a button near the mirror adjustment that folds the mirrors in, handy if you're at a drive-in to give the car hop more room. Or if navigating a very narrow area.

JA Fletcher

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
That net can also be attached horizontally and it acts as a cover/shade over anything behind the third row when the seats are up. The two additional hooks for that are right behind the tops of the seats. Explains why the net is on the small side since it's multi-functional.

If you want to get a decent net to lay flat that attaches to all the rings, one from the Escape works perfectly and is only about $20. View attachment 711
Is this a Ford floor cover or after market? It looks like it is for when the 3rd row seats are down, which is the way I always keep them.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I think Department of Motor Vehicles.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
I don't know if this was mentioned. But if you use the auto start in cold weather the heated seats come on automatically along with heated wheel.

hbalek

Reactions
I don't know if this was mentioned. But if you use the auto start in cold weather the heated seats come on automatically along with heated wheel.
Also if the temperature is low enough the rear window defrost. In the summer the cooled seats come on when hot enough.