Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

My issues with FORD and the ST.

Luckst2046

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022, Ford, Explorer, ST
I just purchased a 2022 ST used.
1)I saw the 360 camera recall with no fix in sight.
This car has everything you could think of minus massage seats and rocket launchers.
2) with this car being top of the line, why can't I change display screen like in the Mustang and why doesn't my dash show boost, trans temp, intake temp... Any of the important stuff.

Attachments

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Well only two issues I think that is good, they are pretty minor too.

2)Yah this kind of sucks. You aren’t able to do any of these. You can get a cut to fit air vent display that will display all that info.

OP
Luckst2046

Luckst2046

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022, Ford, Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #3
I got an edge CTS 3 monitor to watch everything.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
I just purchased a 2022 ST used.
1)I saw the 360 camera recall with no fix in sight.
This car has everything you could think of minus massage seats and rocket launchers.
2) with this car being top of the line, why can't I change display screen like in the Mustang and why doesn't my dash show boost, trans temp, intake temp... Any of the important stuff.
1. Good news is the fix is live and just dependent on part availability. Just had this recall done a couple weeks ago by local dealer. Its a new camera and pigtail installed.
2. The info display was a bummer for sure. Mustang buddies were curious whey the 'ST' didn't let us see. There is a fun option that the last two member mentioned. This is what i'm looking at:
https://www.p3cars.com/ford/p3-v3-obd2-ford-explorer-gauge-2020/
Customizable and super clean, factor - looking install for readout.

Reactions
I just had my ST camera replaced and it has worked fine for about a month now. You should be able to get it done at the dealer if the part is available

OP
Luckst2046

Luckst2046

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022, Ford, Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #6
He
1. Good news is the fix is live and just dependent on part availability. Just had this recall done a couple weeks ago by local dealer. Its a new camera and pigtail installed.
2. The info display was a bummer for sure. Mustang buddies were curious whey the 'ST' didn't let us see. There is a fun option that the last two member mentioned. This is what i'm looking at:
https://www.p3cars.com/ford/p3-v3-obd2-ford-explorer-gauge-2020/
Customizable and super clean, factor - looking install for readout.
Hell at that point look at this.
https://www.edgeproducts.com/products/ampd_throttle_booster/parts/18862-2

Boyd

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
[snip] ...why doesn't my dash show boost, trans temp, intake temp... Any of the important stuff.
Those things are pointless for most of the owners of the 840,000 Explorers sold since 2020. Sure, if it was a track car that was being driven at the edge and needed that info... but really all it would do is increase cost and maybe give 1% of the drivers something to watch.

My 21 Mach 1 has a vac gauge in the dash. Biggest waste of money and space in the whole car. But passengers do comment on how much it moves while I'm driving. I also have factory trans temp, IAT, diff temp... and I do use those on the track. But there's never a need for it on the street.

Just my opinion. If ya need it, add it on!

OP
Luckst2046

Luckst2046

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022, Ford, Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #8
Those things are pointless for most of the owners of the 840,000 Explorers sold since 2020. Sure, if it was a track car that was being driven at the edge and needed that info... but really all it would do is increase cost and maybe give 1% of the drivers something to watch.

My 21 Mach 1 has a vac gauge in the dash. Biggest waste of money and space in the whole car. But passengers do comment on how much it moves while I'm driving. I also have factory trans temp, IAT, diff temp... and I do use those on the track. But there's never a need for it on the street.

Just my opinion. If ya need it, add it on!
Honest facts. Thank you.

Reactions
I got an edge CTS 3 monitor to watch everything.
How does yours work? I had (2) in my 2022 ST and they were both the biggest POS there ever was. I thought the 1st one was defective so I exchanged it for a new replacement. The 2nd was the same as the first - constant freeze ups and constant resets and slow to react to what it was supposed to display. Plus I thought it would show trans temp and that was a huge disappointment when that wasn't the case. I returned the second one and never looked back.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
How does yours work? I had (2) in my 2022 ST and they were both the biggest POS there ever was. I thought the 1st one was defective so I exchanged it for a new replacement. The 2nd was the same as the first - constant freeze ups and constant resets and slow to react to what it was supposed to display. Plus I thought it would show trans temp and that was a huge disappointment when that wasn't the case. I returned the second one and never looked back.
I took mine from my Duramax when I sold it and bought the ST. The previous gen was not very good. Slow as shit. The CTS3 has been very good to me. WiFi updates and much faster. My one complaint t is there are many many more pids on my diesel than my ST. Having said that it is a permanent accessory and I use it all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explorer ST Posts