Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

My Atak quick review

Reactions
Ok I finally got the Atak installed the other day and have had a lot of mixed city and highway driving. This is the best way to describe it..

You know how everyone claims the exhaust comes out of their speakers? No imagine it just ever.so slightly louder, just a few decibles, and real. Like a real exhaust note, but from the actual truck. The fit and finish was amazing. Installation on a lift with removal of old exhaust was like 30min. That easy.

So my final verdict, absolutely awesome. Has no bass notes or annoying interior noises at highway speeds. Very mellow and barely noticable if you stay steady at 75. On a low end and use manual mode, at around 3k the exhaust has an amazing exotic styled note.

So all in all the Atak sounds a little louder than exactly stock but with a purpose. 5 stars on Yelp.

Reactions
Anyone putting on a new exhaust should definitely shut off the fake exhaust coming through the speakers (done with FORScan or by the dealership via IDS). Even stock, it sounds better without the artificial noise.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Anyone putting on a new exhaust should definitely shut off the fake exhaust coming through the speakers (done with FORScan or by the dealership via IDS). Even stock, it sounds better without the artificial noise.
Would the dealership actually turn that off for you? Because that would be fantastic. I'm calling mine NOW! Thanks.

KegsBdry

Reactions
When I bring in the ST for the heated seats fix, he will ask his mechanic.

That sounds like a "Mom maybe" to me. Which is a no!

UPDATE: This dealership is willing to take suggestions. They took the Bulletin, I found on this forum, & used that to fix the ST last time.

If I show up with the FORscan address to disable the FENG (FENG stands for Fake Engine Noise Generator), that may help sweeten the deal to get it done. Basically, doing 70% of the work of finding what needs to be changed and let the dealer implement the work.

Last edited:
Reactions
When I bring in the ST for the heated seats fix, he will ask his mechanic.

That sounds like a "Mom maybe" to me. Which is a no!

UPDATE: This dealership is willing to take suggestions. They took the Bulletin, I found on this forum, & used that to fix the ST last time.

If I show up with the FORscan address to disable the FENG (FENG stands for Fake Engine Noise Generator), that may help sweeten the deal to get it done. Basically, doing 70% of the work of finding what needs to be changed and let the dealer implement the work.
Nice, if it works let me know.