Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

More dealer hackery

Reactions
Brought it in for oil change, the hacks used a frame lift and did not properly place the pads on the lift points...which are clearly indicated by ford under there.
Result was 2 folded over body tabs and with lots of paint cracked off.
Had I not brought it in for oil undercoating somewhere else I would not of known.....and the rust would begin.
I use 2 dealers, and each have done an oil change so I'm not sure which hack caused the damage. But I am sure they are both capable.
I spent an hour straightening, sanding, and repainting the two areas. These are the rear areas where a momo, without looking, would swing a lift pad under.
The tabs in question hang down and are susceptible to getting crushed causing paint flake, then rust.

Reactions
Brought it in for oil change, the hacks used a frame lift and did not properly place the pads on the lift points...which are clearly indicated by ford under there.
Result was 2 folded over body tabs and with lots of paint cracked off.
Had I not brought it in for oil undercoating somewhere else I would not of known.....and the rust would begin.
I use 2 dealers, and each have done an oil change so I'm not sure which hack caused the damage. But I am sure they are both capable.
I spent an hour straightening, sanding, and repainting the two areas. These are the rear areas where a momo, without looking, would swing a lift pad under.
The tabs in question hang down and are susceptible to getting crushed causing paint flake, then rust.
How can someone be so careless with a customer's car especially at an official dealer?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Maybe just me, but I always look for damage after visit to the dealer before I leave the lot. I probably wouldn't have caught the damage you describe. Sorry to hear.

Reactions
My answer to that problem is to do my own oil changes. That’s the only reason I do them myself. The hacks that change oil are the entry level mechanics at the dealerships.

Reactions
My answer to that problem is to do my own oil changes. That’s the only reason I do them myself. The hacks that change oil are the entry level mechanics at the dealerships.
Sad, it shouldn't be this way, they should be more professional since they are all getting paid from our hard earned money. They should be putting more effort in to it.

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Got under mine to check the (VERY Obvious marked lift points) and found the same tabs damaged on both sides. Thanks for the heads up, and I'll be cleaning up their work and priming at least before MN Winter hits....The lift points even have two molded arrows pointing at each other and there's a molded knock out inboard where the factory jack would need clearance. Damaged Body tab from Improper lifting of Explorer.jpg

Last edited:

Explorer ST Posts