Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Miles Stock Breaks?

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
How many miles did any of you get until you had to change out the stock brakes? I have 56K on mine and wondering if it’s getting close to that time….

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Depends a lot on your driving style and commute habits imo. Always best to inspect them. When I was doing a lot of highway driving I could get 75-100k miles. My wife can’t seem to get more than 35k out of brakes

When I did BBK at 20k miles, my oem brakes looked like they were just getting broken in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
BigAnt75

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Great because I do a ton of hwy driving and obviously some in town but good to know I have some time.

Cyclone03

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
New to the ST here but in my short time with it if you use adaptive cruise a lot in traffic I bet the brakes will take a beating! I disabled it after one 15 mile drive in a 45mph construction zone,because the GPS said the limit was 60,but sign recognition picked up on 45. Constant acceleration then hard braking back to 45,actually 49 because I gave it +4.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
New to the ST here but in my short time with it if you use adaptive cruise a lot in traffic I bet the brakes will take a beating! I disabled it after one 15 mile drive in a 45mph construction zone,because the GPS said the limit was 60,but sign recognition picked up on 45. Constant acceleration then hard braking back to 45,actually 49 because I gave it +4.
Welcome to the forum.

Topher10

Reactions
Coming up on 110k pretty aggressive driving and 50/50 highway and city. Had the front rotors resurfaced at 30k. Looking at different options now, but they still have life in them

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Just had new front brakes done. Rotors and pads and assembly. Bad pitting and lip on the rotors was causing a loud clunking noise when applying the brakes at slow speeds. 2022 with 40,500 miles. Rear brakes are fine and have plenty of life. Upstate NY snow and salt hard on the brakes and car.