Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Memory seat problems?

Reactions
Ours is still not 100%

Wholdy

Reactions
Had mine fixed late December 2021 along with the blue screen recall. Worked great for a month, then reverted back to the issue. Ill more than likely have it addressed next time I take it in for service.

TeeJay410

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thanks Ray, but both my wife and I drive the car, and it's a pain to tweak the position each time. We're off to try another dealer to see what they can do.

Jdwr12003

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer st
This is also one of the problems I am having with my seat.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
The memory seat issue I’m having is that when I turn the car off, it slides the seat back for easy exit and lifts the steering wheel up, but it doesn’t always automatically go back to the number one memory position when I start the car back up. It will leave the seat back in the easy exit position and the steering wheel up.
I will say that most of the time the steering wheel will come down, but the seat will not move forward. I’ve only had the steering wheel not come down a couple of times, but I’ve had the seat stay pushed all the way back in the easy exit position several times which is annoying because if you’ve already put it in drive and start to go you have to stop and put it in park before it will go to the memory position when you press the button on the door.
So I have to pay attention each time I start it to make sure the seat moves itself up like it supposed to to be able to press the number one memory button in case it does not. I use the same key every time I’ve been told they need to replace the module for the driver seat memory but haven’t had time to take it to the dealership for confirmation. I hate going to the dealership for anything things like they always take or something else up while it’s there.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The memory seat issue I’m having is that when I turn the car off, it slides the seat back for easy exit and lifts the steering wheel up, but it doesn’t always automatically go back to the number one memory position when I start the car back up. It will leave the seat back in the easy exit position and the steering wheel up.
I will say that most of the time the steering wheel will come down, but the seat will not move forward. I’ve only had the steering wheel not come down a couple of times, but I’ve had the seat stay pushed all the way back in the easy exit position several times which is annoying because if you’ve already put it in drive and start to go you have to stop and put it in park before it will go to the memory position when you press the button on the door.
So I have to pay attention each time I start it to make sure the seat moves itself up like it supposed to to be able to press the number one memory button in case it does not. I use the same key every time I’ve been told they need to replace the module for the driver seat memory but haven’t had time to take it to the dealership for confirmation. I hate going to the dealership for anything things like they always take or something else up while it’s there.
I have the same problem with my 22 and it’s annoying. I’ve just been dealing with it since I don’t have time to take it to the dealer either.