Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Memory seat problems?

QwikEVO

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
Anyone else having problems with their ST not remembering seat positions?

Reactions
so far so good for me. I've had the ST since Nov, no issues.

Reactions
Is the remote start memory enabled? Each remote cam have it's own seat memory

OP
Q

QwikEVO

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Just disabled the key thing in the menu...still not "remembering" my seat position.

Thank God nothing mechanical is going on, but man are these little electrical bugs annoying.

Reactions
Just disabled the key thing in the menu...still not "remembering" my seat position.

Thank God nothing mechanical is going on, but man are these little electrical bugs annoying.
Connect vehicle to wifi and download update.

Reactions
I had the same problem with my ST. I actually just got off the phone with the dealership. They had it for 17 days total, 5 different times. They flew a tech guy in twice and replaced everything but the seat itself. I really don’t know what it was that actually fixed the problem but if you want your dealership to contact mine I’ll give you their name and number. It might save you and the dealership a lot of time.

Reactions
Been in the shop for over a week now, they don’t know what the problem is. When the car turns off my seat pushes you all the way up to the steering wheel. They replaced everything and reflashed the computer and it didn’t work, wonder what’s going to happen next!

OP
Q

QwikEVO

Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Sorry, never updated this thread.

My dealership had to replace the wire harness under the driver's seat and reflash the APIM to rectify this discrepancy. May want to speak to yours about doing the same thing.

Reactions
Sorry, never updated this thread.

My dealership had to replace the wire harness under the driver's seat and reflash the APIM to rectify this discrepancy. May want to speak to yours about doing the same thing.
My dealer said that they replace the computer module in the seat as per Ford's suggestion. It didn't seem to help any. have the same issue with memory recall not working and usually sends the seat further forward than was programmed. have also noticed that the easy entry/exit seat function inches the seat closer every time as well. I will let my dealer know about what worked for you. Thanks for the update.

Reactions
I'm having the same issue with the driver memory seat in my 2020 ST, its been to the shop probably eight times now. They have replaced all the modules, one of them twice, the frame under the seat and the actual seat was swapped from another ST - still the seat doesn't return to the correct memory position. It is always the height setting that is wrong.
Has anyone had their vehicle fixed?, what was done to resolve it?

wb0hhm

Reactions
I had the same problem with my ST. I actually just got off the phone with the dealership. They had it for 17 days total, 5 different times. They flew a tech guy in twice and replaced everything but the seat itself. I really don’t know what it was that actually fixed the problem but if you want your dealership to contact mine I’ll give you their name and number. It might save you and the dealership a lot of time.
I have the same problem , would like contact number from your Ford Dealer that fixed your problem
Ray Sioux Falls SD

Reactions
Do you mind sharing the name of the dealer that fixed your memory seats? I've had my 2020 Explorer in the shop 3 times so far and it still doesn't work. Thank you so much!

Reactions
I would like the number, seems I'm getting the run around

Ed B

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Anyone else having problems with their ST not remembering seat positions?
I’m having the same problem. Plus when I turn engine off seat wants to move forward up to the dash.

TeeJay410

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hello All - Just curious if anyone has been able to get this fixed. We've had the same problems as others, and had it to the dealer several times. Last time it seemed to work - sort a - but the easy out function didn't work like it did when we bought the car. Now it's back to its old tricks. This is our first Ford and will probably be our last. Any help would be appreciated.

wb0hhm

Reactions
I have problem , but quit using the feature easy out , just leave seat the alone pretty much, I have been wating for someone to post a fix hear on
the form . 2021

Ray