Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

MBRP 2.5” Cat-Back Exhaust Release

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
You asked...I think it sounds like hell. Way too high pitched and raspy. The end of the vid at WOT is terrible. And considering I’ve got quite a bit of experience with exhausts on these things I guarantee it has a 92Hz drone at 2000 rpm that will drive you crazy.
You are correct and it's why I am looking to replace it with something else now

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
How’s everyone liking their mbrp catback? People still having drone even after break in?

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
How’s everyone liking their mbrp catback? People still having drone even after break in?
It seems like it opened it up and the price for the system was great, however the drone is a serious issue. Oh well had it on for a couple months now, I will be replacing it soon. Maybe go with the thermal setup as i like that it is from the downpipes back and is also 2.5 inch like the MBRP. The videos make it seem a bit quieter than the MBRP setup.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
It seems like it opened it up and the price for the system was great, however the drone is a serious issue. Oh well had it on for a couple months now, I will be replacing it soon. Maybe go with the thermal setup as i like that it is from the downpipes back and is also 2.5 inch like the MBRP. The videos make it seem a bit quieter than the MBRP setup.
Thanks for the feedback. Think I will continue to hold off. I think I looked at the thermal but I think that one has tons of clamps. I may be wrong or that may not even be a big deal.
I am looking at the afe catback now. Doesn't seem to be too loud and it comes with midpipes I believe. I am so torn. Tempted to just do the gibson axle back since all I want is a little extra tone and not to spend a lot. I just wish it didn't involve cutting. That is the only thing holding me back otherwise I would of went axleback by now.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Thanks for the feedback. Think I will continue to hold off. I think I looked at the thermal but I think that one has tons of clamps. I may be wrong or that may not even be a big deal.
I am looking at the afe catback now. Doesn't seem to be too loud and it comes with midpipes I believe. I am so torn. Tempted to just do the gibson axle back since all I want is a little extra tone and not to spend a lot. I just wish it didn't involve cutting. That is the only thing holding me back otherwise I would of went axleback by now.
So, im no expert but I do feel like getting an exhaust thats bigger than 2.25 is a benefit. The only cat backs I see at 2.5 in kits are the MBRP and the Thermal. The thermal does have an option to be true cat backs with new flex pipes, as where the MBRP does not have the option. I have also seen the Thermal has the midsection muffler/resonator and then straight back. As far as the clamps I have had no problems.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
So, im no expert but I do feel like getting an exhaust thats bigger than 2.25 is a benefit. The only cat backs I see at 2.5 in kits are the MBRP and the Thermal. The thermal does have an option to be true cat backs with new flex pipes, as where the MBRP does not have the option. I have also seen the Thermal has the midsection muffler/resonator and then straight back. As far as the clamps I have had no problems.
The afe is 2.5 in. Sound or performance benefits? Sorry I’m an idiot when it comes to exhausts lol.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
The afe is 2.5 in. Sound or performance benefits? Sorry I’m an idiot when it comes to exhausts lol.
Yes, I forgot about that one.
I will have to look at that as well.